Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really do not see how Garrett survives if he loses to Eagles, I think most of the coaching staff is overrated big time. All the sports reporters have built this team up like it has immense talent, I have to call BS, if you are that good then you just win despite poor coaching, especially against teams you are supposed to beat. The defense is what baffles me, I was eating the cheese big time about how great they were going to be, they are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
      Actually I think they could cover better in m2m. The way they play the zone is way too soft. No one seems responsible to close on the receiver or is too far out of position to close the gap.

And I think it is pathetic they can't turn and look at the quarterback. I know these are athletic guys, everyone in the NFL is athletic, but you cannot expect to make a play on the ball if you don't know where it is. They are too busy watching the player, always one step behind and look like moron robots trying to make a play blindly. The opponent could almost get a pass interference call on every pass downfield if they under threw the ball. The defender wouldn't make the adjustment, the receiver would try to, and the defender would run over him......PI. 1rst down.

Yes, I know they are afraid of a double move and you get caught looking into the backfield if you watch the quarterback. That's why they pay the good ones. You don't see the "shutdown" cornerbacks just watching the receiver, they know when to look.

Look how many passes NO defended against Dallas. I'd bet they weren't just watching the receiver with their backs turned to the play. They may start that way, but at least at the right time(called film work or if you are trailing going down the sideline, where else is the receiver gonna go besides past you; he's probably not going to cut towards a closing safety) they will see where the ball is a be able to make an athletic move instead of looking like a dork and getting a PI or the receiver catching the ball between their arms.

That being said: I played corner in school ball, but I sure enough wouldn't wanna be one in pro ball.
      Heck with #38 in there nothing goes well.

You played it you know it. I have coached ever position except corners and safeties. I don't know squt***** about it.

All I ever heard was don't look back till they look back then rake.

That's probably all changed with the back shoulder throws coming into play now.

That's why the most important positions to have are 1.QB 2. OL/DL 3. Cover corners

Lincoln Riley will be like All the other spread guys. Big bang at first then the DCs will figure it out and smash it. Anything's better than No emotion Garrett at this point.

NFL= 3-4 dominate teams then everyone else beats everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
        I really do not see how Garrett survives if he loses to Eagles, I think most of the coaching staff is overrated big time. All the sports reporters have built this team up like it has immense talent, I have to call BS, if you are that good then you just win despite poor coaching, especially against teams you are supposed to beat. The defense is what baffles me, I was eating the cheese big time about how great they were going to be, they are terrible.
        I would agree with you on teams with players that are leaders but there is no such thing on this team. Dak is not a leader, Zeke does not appear to be a leader and Cooper who is the only one actually performing only leads by example. That is not sufficient in the absence of strong coaching.

the defense does suck due to the lack of pressure from the D-line. The tank contract baffles me. He has not performed at all this year.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Good Coaching and QB play looks like, Dallas*

Wait so a QB can play well without his two starting tackles?[emoji33]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Should be able to, wait maybe uh maybe not. The 49ers beat the Rams I thought the Rams had a brilliant coach and the best players. Who the he'll knows.

Comment

Yup! That’s nothing but a load of chit elite QBs find a way he’ll even good ones do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No way I can blame this loss on Dak, he took a beating, tough sob. Dropped passes, O line stunk, defense is embarrassing, coaching is bad all the way around, time for in enigma.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  No way I can blame this loss on Dak, he took a beating, tough sob. Dropped passes, O line stunk, defense is embarrassing, coaching is bad all the way around, time for in enigma.

Dak had his fair share of overthrows and under throws as well...

There is no doubt it was a team effort but....we are finding out Dak can't carry this team like he wants to be paid... And Zeke can't carry this team like he was paid.

Comment

Dak had his fair share of overthrows and under throws as well...

There is no doubt it was a team effort but....we are finding out Dak can't carry this team like he wants to be paid... And Zeke can't carry this team like he was paid.

This is EXACTLY why dak is getting harsher criticism.... if dak was wanting what he’s worth the spotlight isn’t as bright, but when you start wanting to be the highest paid player in the sport you’re gonna get the criticism that comes along with it (rightfully so). I’m doing so he’s proven what most already know he’s not a good enough qb to LEAD a team WILLFULLY on his shoulders alone. Therefore he doesn’t deserve that money because if he gets it in 2-3 years the team will be depleted and strapped to him an zeke, and clearly they can’t do it alone so nothing leads me to believe after 4 years that will change!

Comment

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Cowboys players whispering among themselves in the locker room. To be a fly on the wall-------------

Comment

Maybe joe burrow will slip to us in the draft [emoji1374][emoji1374]

Comment

It’s not Garret’s fault. It’s way above him. That’s not going to change unless Jerry changes

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            It’s not Garret’s fault. It’s way above him. That’s not going to change unless Jerry changes
                            Jerry will be with the Cowboys until his last breath, then you have Stephen, then his son, so on and so on. I believe in the front office, I think they need a complete coaching philosophy change.

Comment

Dak misses a tremendous amount of throws...period!!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                                Dak misses a tremendous amount of throws...period!!
                                Absolute fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X