Coolest idea EVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    Interesting....and way cool. I’m busting at the seams in regard to safe space and need to add something. Hmmm...strangely I’m intrigued by this.
    his prices start at $150 for the fridge with nothing spectacular and on up to about $500.....unless you want a cool vintage fridge like me. I picked a vintage fridge still in great shape that cost him $250 to buy. Now he's gutting the inside and turning it into the safe. I will be in it about $700 give or take with all the bells and whistles. Still a great idea IMO. Pm me if you want his info

Comment

If you have to have a safe for your guns you're not putting out the right meassag.
      They should know if they roll the dice wrong and you are home it's not going to end well for them!!!.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
        If you have to have a safe for your guns you're not putting out the right meassag.
        They should know if they roll the dice wrong and you are home it's not going to end well for them!!!.

Yeah, except kids accidently kill themselves with guns and I'm not going to risk my kids life by leaving my collection laying around the house. I'm not getting the safe for thieves so much as I am getting it for a smart, lockable storage solution that looks super awesome and fits in with the décor.

Comment

My kids have been around guns their whole lives and they KNOW not to touch them outside of the deer lease or range.
          If you take away the mystique you take away the curiosity.
          I think my kids would pick up a snake before they would touch a gun around the house without asking for permission.
          But a safe is a great way to keep others safe from guns and looks like you have a nice one .

Comment

My kids have been around guns their whole lives and they KNOW not to touch them outside of the deer lease or range.
            If you take away the mystique you take away the curiosity.
            I think my kids would pick up a snake before they would touch a gun around the house without asking for permission.
            But a safe is a great way to keep others safe from guns and looks like you have a nice one .

Your kids may know better but do they ever have friends come over.

Comment

For the most part I agree with things you post

Have to disagree with this one

I feel like I put out the right “vibe” to let people know to stay out/away

And if they roll up when I am home it will not end well

I don’t have a lot of curb “flash” and most everything I own is older

However, I cannot be here to guard my stuff 24/7 and there are crack heads that will try and steal a lawn chair out from under your butt to sell the aluminum

So I have a safe with some things I consider to have value in it to make it harder for those that want to try to get my stuff
              Will not prevent all from getting in but will slow most down enough that they move on

My kids were raised around guns too

When they were old enough to understand they were educated and we kept a loaded rifle or shotgun behind all exterior doors
              But when their friends or family kids were coming over they got put up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

looks cool

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                  his prices start at $150 for the fridge with nothing spectacular and on up to about $500.....unless you want a cool vintage fridge like me. I picked a vintage fridge still in great shape that cost him $250 to buy. Now he's gutting the inside and turning it into the safe. I will be in it about $700 give or take with all the bells and whistles. Still a great idea IMO. Pm me if you want his info
                  Dang. That’s way cheaper than I would have thought.

Comment

[emoji849][emoji849]
                    Originally posted by doright View Post
                    Your kids may know better but do they ever have friends come over.
                    Thank you.

I ain't got time to teach/trust every kid that visits my house. Especially when a teenager lives with me and has buddies over when I'm not home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                      He sent me this one too and now he has me deciding on what color I want the carpet for the interior. I’m SUPER pumped!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      My Amsec has a mirror on the back of the safe that is a nice touch & helps the lighting & viewing aspects...just fyi if looking for more ideas.

Comment

Very cool idea!!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                          I haven't seen a fridge like that brown since "grandmas house", she even had the aluminum ice trays with the pull handle to break the cubes loose.
                          I also as a kid we had the same. miss the good ole days

Comment

Great Idea, I'm going to have to do this.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Ok guys here is an update, hoping he finishes it up in the next couple of weeks but we changed the color a little. His pictures aren’t great but at least he’s gotten me a couple lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X