Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marathon, Headwaters, Durafit seat cover fading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Marathon seat covers vented? I have heated and cooled seats and was wondering.

Comment

I've had camo Durafits in my tacoma for 3-4 years.

They began fading really bad within the first 6 months or so. They are basically pink to purple now days but they have held up extremely well.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        I've had camo Durafits in my tacoma for 3-4 years.

They began fading really bad within the first 6 months or so. They are basically pink to purple now days but they have held up extremely well.

That just flat out sucks....Its bad enough that they fade then to turn those colors..

Comment

Less than a year ago I ordered Headwaters for my front seats and center console. It took a few weeks for it to arrive. The fit is great and I have been very happy with them in my 2001 F350. Hasn't loosened up or moved a single bit.
          Solid two tone color for me. I'll try to post up some pics later.

Comment

These fit nicely over the leather seats
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Danny! Thanks for the pics!

Comment

Marathon
                Mossy Oak Break-Up
                5-6 years now
                Great Fit
                Minimal Wear/No Fading

Comment

I am a second time Marathon seat cover customer. The first one I put on my 2004 truck in 2005 and I never took them off until 2016. They were abused and they still looked brand new. When I removed them, the seats underneath looked brand new. Because of this I bought a set for my new truck. I bought the same ones in the same grass pattern. The new ones faded immediately. They look horrible. I had some stitching come undone in the first month.

I was happy to pay $600 for the first set, but I am very unhappy with the second set. They look bad.

It took forever to get both sets because they make them for your truck.

Comment

I ordered a set of marathon covers in Kryptek in Jan. took about a month to get them. If you go with the gun loops the cordura will eat the finish off the stock and wear the blue off the BBL.. They are not vented so the A/C seat doesn't work very well. Other than that I really like them.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      I bought some nerpren seat covers long time ago and got sweaty butt even though the winter so that material is never going back in my vehicle
                      The dreaded "swamp arse" model.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Sorry to waste your valuable surfing time with my indecision. Please please by all means.... move on to the next post.

Its not a decision that's been made yet. I bought it brand new and said I would drive it until the wheels fell off. Just spun 300K on a 7.3 and she still looks good. ....so who knows when I'll actually get rid of it..

[ATTACH]967075[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]967076[/ATTACH]
                        I wouldn’t put her out to pasture yet... by many standards she’s still worth 20k+

Comment

So what did you decide on Jason? I was sold on either Marathon or Katskin butthis thread seems to show Marathon has gone downhill and it appears Katskin is a long shot on an older truck.

Comment

Working...
                          X