Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Prayers for Dad - Glory to God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks y'all! Dad is doing awesome! He laughs a lot and talks a lot more. I think he's learned to listen to others, too. LOL

Yesterday Dad and Mom celebrated 52 years of marriage. Pistol and I brought them supper.

Yesterday Mom told us about a "spot" on her back and the docs are highly suspicious that it is melanoma. Let's pray for her, too.

Comment

So glad to hear your dad is doing better. Prayers for a complete recovery and also for your mom.

Comment

Mom had neck surgery today. They removed her C6 and put in straps. It took about 30 minutes and she was at home ready for lunch by 1130.

Dad is doing great but he said he gets tired easily. That is not at all surprising. He's been very agitated lately but today he seemed much better. He was actually playful while we were waiting for Mom to recover from surgery and to be released.

So far, we're doing great. Thank you so much for your prayers!

Comment

WOW, glad her surgery went well!! Y'all have your hands full right now for sure... Isn't it amazing how the Lord knew to make two of y'all?!! He knew y'all would be needed!! Sure glad it went well for your mom. Hope your dad continues his improvements and that they both are able to care for one another a bit as time goes on.
          God bless y'all!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            .... Isn't it amazing how the Lord knew to make two of y'all?!! He knew y'all would be needed!! ....
            God bless y'all!!
            Yes, it is! Thank you!

Comment

Happy to hear about Moms surgery. Hope Dad keeps on keepin’ on. Prayers sent for healing & strength!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going to make a minor (or major) correction. Mom didn't have her C6 replaced; she had the disk between the C5 and C6 replaced. We were all home by noon and she has been doing great since then. The couch is most comfortable because she can sleep in an upright position which enables her to put an ice pack on it. LOL Dad walked by after she slept for an hour and woke her up, saying she should go to bed.

Comment

Continued prayers for y’alls family.

Comment

Mom's back to driving again.

Dad's being ornery. He told the speech therapist to not come anymore. They actually let him sign for his discharge. I'm not sure that was the right thing to do but we sure can't make him participate in therapy if he doesn't want to.

But I can't wait to question him on this the next time he can't think of the word he wants to say. I'm mean that way. And y'all only thought I was sweet.

Comment

Hey girl, that's called "tough love"!! ...well and maybe just a bit of "payback"..

Sure glad things are looking up for the both of them.
                      Y'all hang in there!
                      God Bless,

Comment

Sounds like things are turning for a better direction.

My prayers will continue. God is great! God is big enough!

Comment

God Bless

Comment

Prayers up for all.

Comment

Thanks y'all!

Comment

Update 10-5-19

I don't like saying Dad is doing well because it undermines how bad the situation really is... but he is doing well!
                                He finishes radiation in a couple of weeks and hasn't had any nausea. He is starting to get some radiation burns on his head and face. The chemo makes his legs weak, so they are going to get some physical therapy going to help with that. He eats like a teenage boy and his belly is becoming pronounced. His appetite is due to the amount of steroids he's on to keep his brain from swelling.
                                Cognitively, I wish he were doing better. He struggles constantly with words and completing thoughts. Many times he can be found sitting and staring across the backyard or at the clock. He seems mildly obsessed with time and clocks. He frequently reminds Mom when it is time to go to his treatments and sometimes the communication can be a bit humorous, because he doesn't have the right words. Becuase the cancer is in the back part of his brain now, he also has short term memory issues.
                                So that's all for now. We appreciate your prayers as always. It will be a long road and no one is saying he will recover but the goal seems to be to maintain quality of life for as long as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X