Nashville eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    Hattie B’s thought it was great. I got the hot, which the guy said that the heat level was equivalent to eating a raw jalapeño. There are two higher levels, the hottest being “shut the cluck up”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm known as a pepper-belly so my colleagues expected me to get the hottest option. I couldn't finish the dang thing, mainly because it's a tone of chicken, but the heat level did not disappoint. Terrible decision with business meetings the next morning.

Comment

Blake Shelton's bar has a hot chicken biscuit for breakfast. Real good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparzo View Post
        We went to Hattie B’s for fried chicken. Wasn’t a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        They opened a Hattie B's here in Memphis, I'm unimpressed. I love hot food, but it just leaves me wishing it was buffalo sauce, and it's not. No flavor, just heat and pain.

Comment

All of y'all coming through Memphis, and nobody said hello.

Comment

I prefer the locally owned places, so that being said:

Edley's in 12th south. I've lived in Texas my whole life and Edley's the best BBQ I've ever had. I recommend the turkey sandwich, potato salad, and bean salad side. If you have any room left, walk down to the Flipside to walk in for a dessert or snack, really cool place.

The restaurant at the Thompson hotel in the gulch has incredible gumbo.

Henrietta Red is incredible.

Hatti B's is not worth going to other than to say that you've tried Nashville hot chicken. Not bad, just too many other places that are much better IMO.

Biscuit Love in the gulch draws the most amazing crowd you will ever see and is worth driving by at breakfast time just to see the hundreds of people lined up out the door for fancy biscuits. But keep driving and head over to Pinewood Social for breakfast. Their lunch and dinner menus are excellent as well. Another very cool place.

If you want to see a couple of really cool places to have an adult beverage, check out Patterson House and Old Glory. They are speak easy's so no signage out front.

If you don't hit the honky tonk scene on broadway, consider renting a car and driving the 20 miles to downtown Franklin. Several good restaurants, beautiful downtown, shopping for the wife. Be sure to drive out to Bink's outfitters hunting store on the edge of town and thank me later! There is a Bink's downtown but it is more camping/hiking oriented so don't confuse the two.

Comment

Not eats but we took the kids to the zoo today and if anyone is in town with kids, on Friday and Sat (I think those are the days) with Kroger card you get buy one get one free admission.

Comment

Originally posted by duckboy007 View Post
                They opened a Hattie B's here in Memphis, I'm unimpressed. I love hot food, but it just leaves me wishing it was buffalo sauce, and it's not. No flavor, just heat and pain.
                Agree
                When visiting Tennessee (grandkids in Nashville) I prefer to eat in Memphis on the way. I do want to try the Biscuit place in Nashville.

Comment

Martin's BBQ on 4th Street just south of Broadway was very good.

For hot chicken Princes and Boltons is where the locals go. We tried Boltons and ordered the medium it was real good but still a bit hot for my taste.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Martins BBQ hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Arra View Post
                      Agree
                      When visiting Tennessee (grandkids in Nashville) I prefer to eat in Memphis on the way. I do want to try the Biscuit place in Nashville.
                      Holler next time through and I'll take you out for a beer.

Comment

Biscuit Love was really good, get there early!

Comment

Working...
                        X