Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best Bang for the Buck Game Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Bang for the Buck Game Camera

Looking to get a cpl cameras to set up around my house to get pics of some of the critters that come through my yard. Thus far, this year alone, I have gotten pics of 4 different mtn lions (a big male and a female with 2 cubs) and 3 bears in my yard (I live in the foothills of Colorado). All have been crappy "hurry up and grab my phone" pics, so want to start trying to get a few better pics, and see what goes on around here at night.

I do not need one of the fancier ones that links to your cell phone or anything, as I am only on a cpl acres and can walk outside and check them at any time easily. Mostly just looking for reliabilty, decent pics, decent trigger time, and battery life.

Any suggestions on a good bang for the buck?

Moultries and Primos Proof Gen 2 are very good for the money. The Primos is super easy to operate. I ran StealthCams for years and recently got away from them They just are not holding up like they used to. You can find both of these for less than $100 ea.

Comment

Browning Strikeforce

Comment

Browning cost a little more but are well worth it. I have about 5 or 6 of them for about 5 years and haven't had any issues with one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
          Browning Strikeforce
          x2

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
            x2
            X3

Comment

x4

Comment

Browning.

Comment

Best bang for the buck I have is some Moultries I picked up at WM one year on a "special" for $40

Bought 3 and wish I had bought 10. Cheap, good pics both day and night, great battery life and other than the one I put wrong batteries in and fried they have taken thousands of pics with no issues

Would not hesitate to buy a Browning all other factors equal (price, MP etc)

Comment

I love my Bushnells, some are several years old and still running good

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                      Browning cost a little more but are well worth it. I have about 5 or 6 of them for about 5 years and haven't had any issues with one yet.
                      x5. You can find them on sale for between $75-$100 at times, and best camera I've used.

Comment

DO NOT get wildgame innovation cameras.

Comment

Thanks guys. Seems like the overall consensus says browning

Comment

Moultrie
                            Primos
                            Browning

Comment

Buy on Amazon and purchase the three year extended warranty for just a few bucks. If they go out within three years you get them replaced. I recently started doing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X