anthrax updates for Sutton and valverde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccrock View Post
    My guys saw a bunch of deer on 1024 last weekend. They said the most they have ever seen.
    Dead deer or alive? Thanks man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
      Dead deer or alive? Thanks man.

Thankfully alive.

Comment

Originally posted by CookieMonster View Post
        Anybody have any updates from NE Brackettville around Tularosa Rd? Me and my son leased a small piece of property and I haven’t had time to go check it out since reading about this anthrax outbreak. Gettin kinda nervous now about how our 1st yr out there may not be to good.
        I am in that area near the river. Our herd was looking great about 2 weeks ago. I am headed out there tomorrow and will report back.

Comment

I was in the Loma Alta area of ValVerde county this weekend. Didn’t see any sign of anthrax related deaths there. Saw quite a few animals and everything was looking as healthy as can be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by ccrock View Post
            Thankfully alive.
            That's great news....and good thread for us in those areas. Appreciate it man.

I was there late July and...2 feeders running 12 seconds twice a day....cleaning up every piece and hammering alot of cottonseed.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
              I was in the Loma Alta area of ValVerde county this weekend. Didn’t see any sign of anthrax related deaths there. Saw quite a few animals and everything was looking as healthy as can be expected.

That’s great news...our rancher said we had a touch but we get a little every year. Have a few guys headed out right now and will update next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                I am in that area near the river. Our herd was looking great about 2 weeks ago. I am headed out there tomorrow and will report back.
                Good to hear. Look forward to your update.

Comment

anthrax updates for Sutton and valverde

I just got back from a lease in Kinney county- between Uvalde and Brackettville.

We didn’t see any dead animals, but didn’t see many live ones either. We saw plenty of rabbits, jackrabbits and turkeys if that’s any indicator. The brush is too high to really see any deer driving around.
                  Our game cameras were all jacked up but did catch some deer on camera as late as 8/22/19.
                  No buzzards or smell of death.

Our ranch owner said that so far the anthrax outbreak doesn’t seem to have spread west of campwood -yet ( although some reports on here say otherwise) and that the horseflies have died down in the last few weeks, which should help slow down the outbreak.
                  I don’t feel that he was lying to us or masking the truth. He drives the ranch fairly often checking his cattle and says he hasn’t seen anything dead as of yet.

I hope as we all do that our place got missed.

There was a rain shower last night that came down from the north and petered out before it hit our place. Radar showed a good amount of rain hitting in the Brackettville area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CookieMonster View Post
                    Good to hear. Look forward to your update.
                    Pastures are very dry but no signs of anthrax on my place. NE Kinney County. Game camera shows deer every feed. Hoping we can outlast the anthrax conditions. I drove home last night and hit storms leaving Uvalde on 90 heading east.

Comment

Those are the kind of reports I like to hear. I know we’re not out of the woods yet and hope and pray for the ones that are dealing with it on their leases. Thanks for the updates!

Comment

Hope this is the last week we hear about the anthrax. Sorry for you guys that got hit, but should bounce back. Hope this is it with the cooler weather next week will see!

Comment

Originally posted by Norseman View Post
                          Where are you located again? Too lazy to scroll back thru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          sry... got lazy.... 23miles s of Ozona on East side of 163

Comment

Just got back from south of Ozona. We had a 1/2" rain saturday night.
                            Saw 5 dead cows and 5 dead deer, but zero sign of deer. I mean no tracks or sightings of a live deer. Its like they just vanished.
                            Place looks like a ghost town.

Comment

Just got back from my place 14mi. north of Comstock off fm 1024. Saw plenty of deer looks dry but got 1/2 of rain on Sat. after noon temps dropped to upper 60s. Deer look healthy and are hitting feeders.

Comment

Is it possible that the deer are leaving the infected area until it cools off? Sorry I am new to this and trying to figure it out. Just seems lots of reports of no deer but no reports of carcasses being found

Comment

Working...
                                X