anthrax updates for Sutton and valverde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cg1219 View Post
    Where are you hunting exactly out in the area ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    25miles S. of Ozona off 163

Comment

Originally posted by txbonecollector View Post
      25miles S. of Ozona off 163
      Is that the pierce place?

If it is I use to hunt arrowheads all over that country.
      Last edited by 6.5 shooter; 08-09-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Just talked to an Ole Boy who hunts the same ranch but different pasture and they counted 37 dead wt driving the road... Evidently the LO isn't letting the lease members know the severity. Hope my reports are not as grave as what I'm hearing... Sad

Wow! That’s insane. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          Is that the pierce place?

If it is I use to hunt arrowheads all over that country.
          Negative. Then you’re prob guilty for unearthing the Anthrax lol

Comment

I would imagine the people who didnt directly lose deer to anthrax will still lose some of their herd to their neighbors that did due to less competition, more natural browse etc., and the ones who were affected by anthrax will naturally re-populate from the neighbors deer unless your high fenced

Comment

Negative. Then you’re prob guilty for unearthing the Anthrax lol
              It was all surface hunting, 5 gallon buckets full though...

Comment

I have a nice axis buck on camera and can’t decide if I should go hunt him before anthrax gets him or if it’s even safe to handle him if I do kill him. Probably wouldn’t feel safe eating him either, everything just sucks

Comment

Really hope this doesn't make its way east to Real county. Hate this for all ya'll hunting further west.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                    About 15 miles NW of Bracketville. Over 70 found, no telling how many in brush

Man you are close to me. I’m 14 miles north of Brackettville. Spanish Gourd ranch.

Comment

Just talked to an Ole Boy who hunts the same ranch but different pasture and they counted 37 dead wt driving the road... Evidently the LO isn't letting the lease members know the severity. Hope my reports are not as grave as what I'm hearing... Sad
                      Hmm, our landowner (Kinney County) reported last week he hasn't seen any or heard of anthrax in Kinney county this year- only a few cases near Uvalde.

I don't know him well enough to speculate.
                      I will know first hand when I head back out there in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                        Man you are close to me. I’m 14 miles north of Brackettville. Spanish Gourd ranch.

You’re right next to us. Count is well over 100 found, feed piling up at feeders, seeing very few deer on camera where we usually see 25 plus

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post

My pasture, on the same lease James is on, is 7 miles due west from your gate of off 674.

Comment

Been out at our place in Val Verde since yesterday afternoon, and all animals on camera look healthy. No increase of buzzard activity or anything to have me believe it has hit our part of the county (yet). So keeping fingers crossed.

We are about 8 miles down the Miers Ranch road just north of the 277/377 split, past the Morning Star.

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
                              Been out at our place in Val Verde since yesterday afternoon, and all animals on camera look healthy. No increase of buzzard activity or anything to have me believe it has hit our part of the county (yet). So keeping fingers crossed.

We are about 8 miles down the Miers Ranch road just north of the 277/377 split, past the Morning Star.
                              Hopefully it stays away...

Comment

anthrax updates for Sutton and valverde

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post

If I’m understanding correctly if any animals have died from anthrax nothing will eat them, but I could be wrong. So if anyone that has some die could you tell us if the buzzards are eating them or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X