No announcement yet.

Walmart has rice bran in stock again boys [emoji106]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming from a hog raising family, my uncle has one of these laying around. It ought to work, ain't it?

Figure raise it off the ground and might build a roof over it.
    Last edited by SAC; 08-19-2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

It may bridge up and not flow. That would be my concern.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
        Coming from a hog raising family, my uncle has one of these laying around. It ought to work, ain't it?

Figure raise it off the ground and might build a roof over it.
        Worth a try. Like AC says it may have a hard time flowing where it’s pinched off in the middle. I wonder if those feed port baffles will allow too much water in as well. A hard rain is tough on rice bran as it “cakes” up and forms a crust when wet. A light rain isn’t an issue if deer are already hitting it pretty good. They will peck around it and get it flowing again.

Comment

Deer are starting to hammer the bran at my place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Deer love RB. Check your feeder store, it maybe cheaper for 50 lb bags

Comment

I have thought about using one of the wildlife innovations treehugger bag feeders sold at wally world. It hangs on a tree with the open bottom on the ground. I thought of putting a feed trough under it go get it up where hogs would have a harder time eating it. I had the idea of maybe putting alfalfa pellets in it also.

Comment

Working...
              X