Picked up new truck and trailer today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    You have done all your homework, and you are doing it for the right reasons. There is no failure in that.

Get after it, amigo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well...all the homework except for the DOT part. Hope he realizes that just one pull over could could wreck him financially, especially if he crosses that Red River

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
      Well...all the homework except for the DOT part. Hope he realizes that just one pull over could could wreck him financially, especially if he crosses that Red River
      As I stated previously, I am now very much aware of the DOT laws and I am working on being in compliance with them. Thank you for pointing this out yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post

Homework includes crowd sourcing, and learning from others. Our guy knows now....he ain’t the first to miss that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          I fully agree with you on the actual numbers. I can work overtime as well and they pay me a crazy amount of money for it with zero overhead, but I want to eventually own my own successful business and not work for “someone else”. I’m a much happier person being my own boss. What it will add to my quality of life is worth it to me....and I’m not referring to the money aspect.

I want to be able to actually enjoy what I’m doing. My current job is pure gravy and I’m paid well, but that doesn’t mean I actually enjoy it. I do however enjoy running equipment. I’ll enjoy it even more when someone else is running it for me and I’m traveling around bidding jobs.

Thats a good plan hope it all works out for you!

Comment

Got a call this morning from the Mayor of a small(er) town about 30 min away. Going to drive over to look at a job doing some clearing for them where a new building is going to be built. Hopefully it goes well.

Comment

Got a call this morning from the Mayor of a small(er) town about 30 min away. Going to drive over to look at a job doing some clearing for them where a new building is going to be built. Hopefully it goes well.

That was quick! Good luck

Comment

Awesome! Don’t have much to add but good luck and this has been a very informative thread. Thanks for posting

Comment

I got the job. Looks like 2-3 days of work. Place is super thick and over grown. It’ll take a minute.

Comment

I got the job. Looks like 2-3 days of work. Place is super thick and over grown. It’ll take a minute.
                    Awesome!! Big congrats and best of luck to you on this job and in your future endeavors!!

Comment

Awesome equipment, I'd love to step out and do something like that!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        A 30-40 gallon aux tank to put in the truck would sure be nice so you could leave the trailer and Cat on site for multi day jobs. Also a GOOD grease gun to lube the machine EVERY day. PM is paramount for efficiency on a machine like that.

agreed.

He's gonna be going through a lot of grease with that sucker.

speaking of which -- do you have one of these new grease guns yet?

Last edited by Atfulldraw; 07-21-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Awesome! Post some pictures of before and after. I’ve been working nights and your thread has me racking my brain again on how I could make a mulching business work for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            agreed.

He's gonna be going through a lot of grease with that sucker.

speaking of which -- do you have one of these new grease guns yet?

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-244...51&s=hi&sr=1-5
                            Good lord, I didn’t know they even made a grease gun that expensive. I’m gonna have to get by with a cheaper one for now.

Comment

I love this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                I love this thread.
                                this is a perfect spot to talk about machine related disasters you've seen along your path.....

Comment

Working...
                                X