No announcement yet.

Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve always heard that good fences make good neighbors. Evidently their fences ain’t up to snuff...

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
      I emailed them about it. They said they found a hole in their fence. They were appreciative.
      Genius. Call them and tell them about the hole in their fence. That way they won't know you did it. Just don't put your feeder right next to the hole you didn't make. That would be obvious.

Comment

You could let other Tbot guys come and help with the exotics! Just saying

Comment

Dirt nap.

Comment

Equivalent to a Mexican food place installing a new soft serve machine. You didn't expect it, but you should definitely utilize the resource.

Comment

As long as you didn't put the hole there who cares not your responsibility. If you owned 300 acres would you have told him? And if how many acres do you need to feel comfortable about hunting?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                Equivalent to a Mexican food place installing a new soft serve machine. You didn't expect it, but you should definitely utilize the resource.
                Awesome

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

My neighbor has a high fence and lost a couple fallow deer. I saw one of the fallow and had the crosshairs on him when my loving wife made it clear that someone (neighbor) had spent really good money on the critter and wouldn't want it shot. I knew she was right. I didn't shoot. Called the neighbor and he spent three weeks trying to capture it off my place. During that three weeks I had it in my sights three other times. I spoke to the neighbor and told him I was having a difficult time being a good neighbor and to let me know when he was done trying to capture it. He gave me the green light to shoot it. Hunted it hard for 4 months Didn't see it again for a year. Killed it a month after that. Got him killed with a clear conscience. I was able to share the success with my neighbor who was super excited for me. It felt good to do it right and to be a good neighbor.
                  Last edited by Jon B; 07-15-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                    Genius. Call them and tell them about the hole in their fence. That way they won't know you did it. Just don't put your feeder right next to the hole you didn't make. That would be obvious.
                    Their hi fence is about 1/2 a mile away. It’s all low fence outside of that, including my place.

Comment

If the situation was reversed, would you want your neighbor to contact you or have them shoot it?

Comment

I’ve called my neighbor twice and he said shoot them but they have a low fence so it’s a little different.

Oryx
                        Fallow
                        Dahl Sheep
                        Black Buck
                        Axis

Is what I’ve seen so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You let one of these walk?

Comment

If there is any kind of visible tag it is theft of livestock, no different than shooting someone’s cows or horses.

Comment

As much as I would want take a shot. A part of me thinks I wouldn't unless I was given permission.

Comment

I couldn't do it without good talk with neighbors. I would however offer my place for their clients to drop them...for a fee.

Comment

Working...
                                X