No announcement yet.

Moser, Draco, any other metal diy'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call a local welding shop and see if they have a roll bender. They will probably charge a few bucks to roll it right into the size circle you need. Not even a big deal with the right equipment and it would go fast enough that it shouldn't cost you very much at all.

Comment

You need a 3 roll bender if you don’t want it to look like Fido @zz. Could be done with a hydraulic step bender too in small increments providing you have the correct shoes/dies.

Comment

You are going to need something to roll it around or a hydraulic roller.

I have the roller if you can get it to New Waverly.

Comment

You could call one of the concrete suppliers and get 5/8 rebar fab’d up into a perfect circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

10’ radius doesn’t change to a 7’radius without re-rolling it......or wrapping it awful tight around something that is already at 7’diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              Pack the spots you are trying to bend with sand. This will help to keep it from kinking. Pack it tight. Good luck! You're gonna need it.
              I was amazed at this method.

Maybe try a local ag shop once school starts rolling?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I pulled the kink out the best I could, welded plates to hold the kink, then started pulling again. Got the gap to 3', and welded a piece straight across. It's not a perfect circle, but it's as good as it's going to get. This should have been my plan from the beginning. That wouldn't have changed the kink but still should have been factored in.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

You needed a flat side for the door anyway

Comment

[emoji6]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Need a structural roll. I have a baileigh unit here at the shop I use. You wont ever roll structure by pulling it, it will always king at the back end.

Comment

Working...
                      X