Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business Owners/Entrepreneurs Thread. Your story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stories but yall know yall didnt build that. Some will know the source of that little tidbit.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Good stories but yall know yall didnt build that. Some will know the source of that little tidbit.
      Yes, said the little **** ant that never ran a business or risked his own money in his life....

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
        My one and only biggest problem is employees within our family business. 35+ employees

If i was to start something new i would make it something that would cap out with a handful of employees. By that i mean something that could be ran and operated efficiently with 3-4 people max.

At the end of the day, money, supplies etc is nothing. Employees are 80+% of our stress and problems.
        I can’t agree enough !

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
          I'm about to take the plunge myself. I'm sick of egotistical managers that can't lead and communicate. Real leaders don't treat employees like dogs. I'm tired of the office gossip, especially from company leaders. It would be stressful going out on your own and taking a jump but it sure beats a caustic work environment. Maybe I am just unlucky, but everywhere I go I have worked my butt off, came early and left late, done everything with a 110% attitude, and brought worth to the company only to be taken for granted. One day I am going to expect alot from my employees but I am going to treat them fairly and support them. The employees that help put value into my company will be valued.
          Another that I can’t agree with enough ! I got tired of people that couldn’t crank a dozer telling me how to do it, and went out on my own. Twelve years later, sold that business and started consulting. Made as much money and no employees. Whoopee !

Comment

Oh, I know the source.

Comment

What the heck does this mean? Enlighten me

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                What the heck does this mean? Enlighten me
                [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GjqdP6KSOE/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  LOL - forgot about that brilliant statement -thanks

Comment

Some awesome replies to this thread...thanks for sharing!

Its been 5 months since I called it quits on my 10+ year career in construction and we started our own gig. Its early, but we really are enjoying the freedom and family time

Comment

Working...
                    X