Yellow Watermelon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Watermelon

Great memories. I haven't had this since I was six years old at my granny's house. Drove 70 miles round trip to get it for the fourth of July. **** they taste good.

My first real job, Mr. Hupie Green of Mayer's Grocery took a hard earned dollar from me because I'd never heard of a yellow-meated watermelon. I thought he was tricking me, so we bet. He then tacked that dollar above the counter in the butcher shop until the place closed down a few years later. At least I got to enjoy that delicious yellow melon.

Comment

I was just thinking about trying to find a yeller meat watermelon the other day. They are still out there but not as common as they used to be.

Comment

I miss the black diamonds. Cant find one in DFW. The yellow meat ones are the best. Have not found one since I left West Texas. Just like the Pecos Cantaloupes.

Comment

Water melons should be red like God intended

Comment

Im a fan of all watermelon, regardless of the color.

Comment

My Sister grew some on her farm in Waller last year. They didn't sell as well as the red meat ones. Didn't grow any yellows this year...farmers grow what sells.

Comment

I saw a guy selling yellow, orange and reds in Fredericksburg on Tuesday. He grows them in Mason.

Comment

For local folks, they have yellow meat melons at corner of Hwy 42 and Harrison Road.

You're welcome!

Comment

Yellow watermelon ftw

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
                      I miss the black diamonds. Cant find one in DFW. The yellow meat ones are the best. Have not found one since I left West Texas. Just like the Pecos Cantaloupes.
                      I don't seem them either. Wonder why?

Comment

Haven't seen any yet. definitely going to be on the lookout though

Comment

We grow some watermelon every year. Last couple of years we had yellow and red meat,the yellow sold just as well or better in dfw but locals would only get red. This year we don't have a lot and only plan to sell local so only reds this year.

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a picture of the one I got. It was so good.
                            Attached Files

Comment

How does one select the "perfect watermelon"?

OP, hope it's ok that I ask this on your thread...

Comment

Working...
                              X