Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Most famous person from your high school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat O'Brien

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Earl Campbell, he was a Man playing high school football with boys!
      Heck of a linebacker as well!

Comment

Dale Moser - LEGEND

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
          OK, let's see how many famous people we could have 6 degrees of separation from. Who is the most famous person from your high school?

I have two that would be pretty neck and neck...

I went to Mansfield Summit HS class of 2006. School opened in 2002. I would say either John Chile's, QB/WR at Texas, spending some time with the Saints, Bears and Patriots (according to Wikipedia won a ring with the Pat's, but I feel like I would have heard about that...) or Quinn Sharp, place kicker for OSU. Helluva kicker...he had some rediculous range in high school. Signed and was cut by the Bengals. Ended up playing in the CFL.

What about yall?
          Let me get this straight. A place kicker for OSU is famous?

I have a friend who punted for OSU, and I need to tell him he is famous??? His ego is already over the top!!!

Comment

I guess I'll go with Jody Conradt. Head womens basketball coach at UT for a bunch of years. Went undefeated one year. Our HS gym is named in her honor. She is in the college basketball hall of fame.

Comment

Graduated with Jamaal Adams in 2014, that’s it for now

Comment

Sissy Spacek

..... that’s the best Quitman could crank out

Comment

Dennis and Randy Quaid
                  Brent Spiner - Star Trek and Independence Day.
                  Bellaire High School

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    Sissy Spacek

..... that’s the best Quitman could crank out
                    My wife was at cheerleading school with her.

Comment

Stevie Ray Vaughn , one year under me at J F Kimball, Oak Cliff

Comment

Apparently, I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                          Did he at least wear deodorant back then? Playing 18 in the heat with him doesn't seem to pleasing.
                          I think that came later, but I don't remember that being a thing back then.

Probably came with the Austin influence.

He was just a beer drinking high school kid like the rest of us.
                          Not a big pot head nor any hippie tendencies that I remember.

There are a few things I remember about him that I'd never mention in public, but I'm sure we all have some of those....

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Serious question: Do you know who was the first touring pro to use the Ping Putter? How fast can you Google?

I used to own and play with a set of Ping irons owned by Babe Hiskey (had his name stamped on the iron heels). He was the first touring pro to use the Ping irons.
                          did not know that --

I visited with a guy in Sarasota last week that has an incredible collection of antique clubs, lots of them have the player's names stamped on them.

I had forgotten that was a thing.

PS... I got a set of matching serial number BeCu Ping Eye 2 from him for 200 bucks

Comment

Ted Lyons-former MLB player
                            Stephen Starring- former WR for NE Pats
                            Billy Kimble-lead singer for ToTo

Comment

Original ZZ Top guys were a couple of years ahead of me. Sat in a garage and listened a couple of times. Then they went and got famous............

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                I think that came later, but I don't remember that being a thing back then.

Probably came with the Austin influence.

He was just a beer drinking high school kid like the rest of us.
                                Not a big pot head nor any hippie tendencies that I remember.

There are a few things I remember about him that I'd never mention in public, but I'm sure we all have some of those....

did not know that --

I visited with a guy in Sarasota last week that has an incredible collection of antique clubs, lots of them have the player's names stamped on them.

I had forgotten that was a thing.

PS... I got a set of matching serial number BeCu Ping Eye 2 from him for 200 bucks
                                Yep. Bob Goetz was the pro at Pinecrest after he got off the tour.

My Babe Hiskey irons were stolen out of my garage in Dallas! I had bought them from a friend of Babe’s.
                                Last edited by Burnadell; 07-01-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X