Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most famous person from your high school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    I got plunked by Patterson when I was 13 and he was 15 playing down because of a weird birthday. It smarted.
    Was that in travel ball I would guess? I know there was some animosity over him missing a high school start in a playoff game in order to pitch in a showcase or travel tournament. That was a long time ago. He married a Miss USA or Miss Universe girl and moved back to Orange and taught pitching lessons for a little while and then moved up to Dallas so she could get into pageant coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Was that in travel ball I would guess? I know there was some animosity over him missing a high school start in a playoff game in order to pitch in a showcase or travel tournament. That was a long time ago. He married a Miss USA or Miss Universe girl and moved back to Orange and taught pitching lessons for a little while and then moved up to Dallas so she could get into pageant coaching.
      No, it was a Pony League area tournament at the beginning of the year, though I wouldn't be surprised that his team was also a travel team. One of my teammates had an older brother that played for West Brook and his dad recognized him as a guy that had thrown for WOS varsity a few weeks before. Our coach asked to see his birth certificate and it was legal. He had one of those weird birthdays where he was pitching in a 13-14 yo league at the age of 15 while also being the stud of the WOS varsity.

He had gas and the first real slider I ever saw.
      Last edited by El General; 07-05-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Most on here won't know those famous characters! They were bigger than life!

Shake and Barbara Jane are still alive. Billy Clyde has passed on. Sad.
        RIP Ol' number 22.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          What about Shake Tiller, Billy Clyde Puckett, and Barbara Jane Bookman?
          Indirectly, they're alums for sure, I suppose! Nice reference!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            As a banker back then, I financed him until his death in 1990 and really liked him but just couldn't ever get comfortable with his dealings. He also owned a Longview title company, and he bought my sister-in-law's house. His wife, Pat, still practices law in Longview, and their sons are also lawyers in Dallas.
            I built cabins on land that he was subdividing and was offered a job by him to run a business he was taking control over....A friend owned the business so I declined.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Jason Jennings. He pitched in Major League Baseball with the Colorado Rockies (2001-2006), Houston Astros (2007) and Texas Rangers (2008-2009).
              his niece is my sons girlfriend

I went to Quinlan, we got nuthin'

Comment

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post
                Dave Elmendorf
                Bennie Brazell
                Joan Severance
                Michael Strahan
                Shannon Walker

Westbury High School
                Calvin Medlock
                Josh Jones????

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to Brenham and we had a very strong baseball program. Lots of kids went to the minors but I don’t think many made the show. Couple of nfl guys like Limas Sweed and Malcolm Brown. Jon Peters was a year older than me and was on the cover of SI. Most consecutive wins as a high school pitcher .Still holds the record. Lois Kolkorst or Texas senator Her daddy use to quail hunt our ranch in Fayette County. Back when we had quail.
                  Last edited by buzzbait; 07-05-2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

My last few years of high school in Huntsville were with Marcus Luttrell. There were also several B-rated musicians and a couple ball players that made it to the pro’s

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Linda Bloodworth--Hollywood screenwriter for MASH, created her own shows Evening Shade and Designing Women, and she and her hubby were so "in" with the Clintons---remember the travel scandal?

Comment

Originally posted by DXT Steve View Post
                        Tracy Byrd (Also my neighbor and childhood friend) Class 1985 and then Clay Walker (but he was about two years younger than us. Vidor Highschool
                        Class of 87’ here. Graduated with Clay.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter98 View Post
                          Calvin Medlock
                          Josh Jones????
                          They are both running select teams in the area now. My son played for Calvin for a couple years.

Comment

Andy Pettitte...New York Yankees, Houston Astros

Comment

Lewisville High School (I graduated '04)

Walt Garrison '62 played for the Cowboys
                              Dan Ortmeir '99 played for SF Giants
                              Cody Linley '07 had a few small movie rolls and played Miley Cyrus' boyfriend on a show on the Disney Channel

Comment

Went to school with Chris Shivers. 2 time PBR World Champ Bull Rider

Comment

Working...
                                X