Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    Went to Venice for the first time this past weekend, pretty sure I'm hooked. I used bass tackle for all of mine, chatterbaits and spinnerbaits. I didn't catch as many as some of the other guys that went but I did it how I wanted to and ended up with the biggest of our group. I think I had 4 over 40" with the biggest being 46". I need to find a stronger chatterbait before I go back. I'll make it if I have to. I lost a lot of big fish to bent hooks.

[2019 - YouTube[/url]
    Congrats Adam! Great trip!

Comment

Love seeing the ladies fishing!

Severely envious of the guys overnighting on the island!

Work is in order for me to join but family is not. My Step Dad, which has never really been anything but My Dad has suffered a stroke, this on top of a huge 2 year cancer battle and he is not doing well.

We meet the neurologist at 9am for results of EEG and will have to make hard decisions based on those results.

In short based on info prior to EEG results it appears our options are to place a tube for meds and nourishment or leave it out and wait. He has a DNR so that adds confusion...

I guess this is the wrong place for depressing news but you are my people and I would appreciate any prayers, positive thoughts etc that you can muster for us to reach the proper decisions that we must make in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

Work is in order for me to join but family is not. My Step Dad, which has never really been anything but My Dad has suffered a stroke, this on top of a huge 2 year cancer battle and he is not doing well.

We meet the neurologist at 9am for results of EEG and will have to make hard decisions based on those results.

In short based on info prior to EEG results it appears our options are to place a tube for meds and nourishment or leave it out and wait. He has a DNR so that adds confusion...

I guess this is the wrong place for depressing news but you are my people and I would appreciate any prayers, positive thoughts etc that you can muster for us to reach the proper decisions that we must make in the morning.

You got em, Brent. If y'all need anything hit me up.

Comment

Prayers Up for Y'all Brent. God Bless. We went through about the same thing with my FIL.

Comment

Headed to the harbor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So sorry to hear this bud my God grant you and your family strength through these times..

Comment

No sir this is the right place.... prayers for you and your family Brent...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

You got it Brent. I know how close yall are. You and I know a lot of the same people both here and outside of TBH. Do not hesitate to reach out if you need something.

wish I could have made that trip with you knuckle heads heading out this morning.

Comment

Might be a sketchy morning, a few good showers moving across the island... hope them boyzzz coming across the bay are careful..

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Might be a sketchy morning, a few good showers moving across the island... hope them boyzzz coming across the bay are careful..

Looks like a real nasty one headed that way.

Comment

Comment

That big one is headed NE.

Comment

Havent been able to post much on here. Got out this past weekend, for a buddy's company tournament. We struggled in east fishing on artificials. Ended up with 3 trout and a redfish. Tournament was the closest 5 fish stringer to 100". We came in 5th out of 8 teams. The teams who place 1st and 2nd, hired a guide and fished the surf with croaka. Was a dang good time regardless.

On Sunday I went out with a buddy and we hit the surf with croaker. Caught our 20 fish by 8 AM. I rounded off our 20 fish with a 23 1/2". Was a good trip and a good weekend.

Im headed to POC this weekend to go shark fishing with Brandon Kendrick. Its my buddy's daughter's birthday! Should be a great trip! We are Shark fishing Saturday morning, then will probably fish around Palacios Saturday afternoon and possibly run to POC Sunday.

Comment

Also Im selling my Flatscat, ill have a thread posted in the classifieds after this weekend.

2002 Flatscat 21' with a 2002 Suzuki 150 (400 hours) also has a bobs low water pick up. Boat will be lake/bay ready, all life jackets, throwable cushion, spare prop, (2) drift socks will be sold with it.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                                Also Im selling my Flatscat, ill have a thread posted in the classifieds after this weekend.

2002 Flatscat 21' with a 2002 Suzuki 150 (400 hours) also has a bobs low water pick up. Boat will be lake/bay ready, all life jackets, throwable cushion, spare prop, (2) drift socks will be sold with it.
                                How much?

Comment

Working...
                                X