Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Caught around 20 trout, and 3 short reds.... kept another September limit...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Congrats on a great evening wade!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
      It was pretty tough today for us. I expected to bang them out quick and be at Coastal Que for lunch. We had 5 or 6 right off the bat and then it died. We fished many spots and many miles of beach before we finished up our limits.

From the folks I talked to the croaker guys did pretty well. They didn't slam them but they limited out pretty easily. We had shrimp and lures and it was tough on both. We finally got a decent bite on the outside of the second bar way up in the middle of the day.

Toughest day I have had in the surf in a long time. Tons of sharks. I went through 25 or 30 hooks today. We used a whole 20 count box of hooks and I opened another box and used a bunch of those too.

I hope we have enough breeze to drift tomorrow so I can go back to the bay. I don't want any more of that mess.

Glen not sure if that was you tied up next to Bink at the harbor this am. Thought it maybe was later in the day. I was a little out of sorts getting the wife and boys lined out before sunrise [emoji2957]If so sorry for not introducing myself. Tough morning for us. Caught a lot of fish including 8 or 9 snook which was cool, but just not many keeper trout. We are gonna try east bay tomorrow if there is a little breeze. If you see a blue and gray majek extreme 25 out there come say hi. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice morning in Port A pre-fishing a Tournament. 10 trout between 18-23 before 8:00 all on top water.

Comment

Parting shot from east bay. 3 reds 2 trout. Left them biting DSL Texas Roach
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice Ricky!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Got a chuckle out of this guy while watching a live surf cam in G-town this morning. He will be waiting awhile.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope everyone that went this morning had better luck than we did. Water was just too clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
                  Hope everyone that went this morning had better luck than we did. Water was just too clear.
                  Not us. Nary a nibble on top water, couple different colors of tails or a gold spoon. Threw some shrimp just to get a few pulls.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
                    They just aren’t biting. Yesterday was super slow, water was perfect green No current at all. Probably should be fishing the incoming real early in the morning, I bet from about 3-7 you’d probably whack em.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      They just aren’t biting. Yesterday was super slow, water was perfect green No current at all. Probably should be fishing the incoming real early in the morning, I bet from about 3-7 you’d probably whack em.
                      It was slow yesterday evening then the tide started roaring out. Its was on after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        It was slow yesterday evening then the tide started roaring out. Its was on after that.

Yeah that’s what’s missing from the morning. Current.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          I was thinking the same thing and to beat the crowd,i hit it pretty early. I was in the water right at 5 and nada.

Comment

Fargus and I hit the surf this morning. Started off slow, but we switched to shrimp early and caught probably 50. Had 8 keepers(9 if the largest one I hooked hadn't tangled me around my rod tip and snapped my line[emoji41]). Bunch of 14 3/4"-ers, plus a couple 20 inch black tips. Had a 4 foot +/- shark do a drive-by on us as well. Water was pretty and baitfish and shrimp were everywhere. All in all a great morning.

Comment

We had a Great trip to Matty this AM. We were wading with croakers & had limits fast. I went back to boat & got my rod I throw plastics with while the rest of the crew finished up their limits. I caught 8 more on DSL's with one that weighed a little over 7 lbs ,all were released. We left that spot to try & find some reds & I waded up into some grass beds about knee deep. My second cast I feel a good thump & set the hook. Thinking I have a red till about a few seconds later I see a Big grey shape. Turned out to be a trout that was a little over 29 in long. 2 cast later a 23 in trout. Caught one more trout & called it. I didn't want to kill a fish we couldn't keep. A great morning with family. Wife also got her personal best with a 26 in trout.
                              Last edited by DUKFVR; 08-03-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                We had a Great trip to Matty this AM. We were wading with croakers & had limits fast. I went back to boat & got my rod I throw plastics with while the rest of the crew finished up their limits. I caught 8 more on DSL's with one that weighed a little over 7 lbs ,all were released. We left that spot to try & find some reds & I waded up into some grass beds about knee deep. My second cast I feel a good thump & set the hook. Thinking I have a red till about a few seconds later I see a Big grey shape. Turned out to be a trout that was a little over 29 in long. 2 cast later a 23 in trout. Caught one more trout & called it. I didn't want to kill a fish we couldn't keep. A great morning with family. Wife also got her personal best with a 26 in trout.
                                Awesome David!

Comment

Working...
                                X