Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    I got a trip booked with Glenn (coastalducks) next weekend. Going to take the wife and mother-in-law for her birthday.

Y'all will have a Great Time! Glenn is a great guy & will work his tail off to put y'all on fish.

Comment

Had a fun weekend fishing around Aransas Pass. Saturday, didn’t get on the water until late morning and fought the wind and about a million undersized reds on shrimp.

Sunday morning, we decided to wade fish with lures and tore them up! Both of us have plenty in the freezer, so we decided at the start to only catch and release. I think that good karma helped us. Caught a lot of fish everywhere we went, including a couple reds we sight casted top waters to up in ankle-deep water. Wound up cleaning one 19” trout after she deep-throated an orange and black Hogie, but released everything else. I really need to get better at taking pics.

I about got the new boat figured out, really puckered a few times in the shallows but luckily never had to stop and push lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
        Had a fun weekend fishing around Aransas Pass. Saturday, didn’t get on the water until late morning and fought the wind and about a million undersized reds on shrimp.

Sunday morning, we decided to wade fish with lures and tore them up! Both of us have plenty in the freezer, so we decided at the start to only catch and release. I think that good karma helped us. Caught a lot of fish everywhere we went, including a couple reds we sight casted top waters to up in ankle-deep water. Wound up cleaning one 19” trout after she deep-throated an orange and black Hogie, but released everything else. I really need to get better at taking pics.

I about got the new boat figured out, really puckered a few times in the shallows but luckily never had to stop and push lol.
        Congrats on the good trip!

Comment

Well we overall had a great trip minus everything possible that could go wrong lol. We won’t ever forget this one.

Ended up boxing 8 reds and 8 trout lost a few and caught countless undersize fish, 99percent of keepers on artificial ended up buying a quart of live shrimp and that didn’t fair well only boxed one keeper off the whole quart.

Had a nice wade this morning sight casting reds on top water and Kirsten almost put a limit of trout I. The boat. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	24585002Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1342.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	24585003Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1344.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	24585004

We’re here at paradise keys waiting on nachos the. The ride home... I’m ready for a night in my own bed.

And the wife said go buy a new boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            Well we overall had a great trip minus everything possible that could go wrong lol. We won’t ever forget this one.

Ended up boxing 8 reds and 8 trout lost a few and caught countless undersize fish, 99percent of keepers on artificial ended up buying a quart of live shrimp and that didn’t fair well only boxed one keeper off the whole quart.

Had a nice wade this morning sight casting reds on top water and Kirsten almost put a limit of trout I. The boat. [ATTACH]964694[/ATTACH][ATTACH]964696[/ATTACH][ATTACH]964698[/ATTACH]

We’re here at paradise keys waiting on nachos the. The ride home... I’m ready for a night in my own bed.

So your going by Chris Marine on your way home then?!

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
              So your going by Chris Marine on your way home then?!
              Lol I don’t think so..

Comment

Had a nice wade this morning sight casting reds on top water and Kirsten almost put a limit of trout I. The boat. [ATTACH]964694[/ATTACH][ATTACH]964696[/ATTACH][ATTACH]964698[/ATTACH]

When the wife says get a new boat, you stop drop and roll to the nearest dealership! Those words may never again come out of her mouth!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  When the wife says get a new boat, you stop drop and roll to the nearest dealership! Those words may never again come out of her mouth!

This! always take anything the wife offers on hunting & fishing! When we ordered my new truck & went to pick it up my wife said it needs bigger tires & bumpers. The next day it was done!! LOL!
                  Congrats on the trip Chris!!

Comment

Yup, get a new boat and quick before she changes her mind.

Comment

Had a nice wade this morning sight casting reds on top water and Kirsten almost put a limit of trout.

Nice trip Chris! Good time spent with your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

I’ll be keeping my eyes open for a good used boat don’t want a bunch of debt for a boat but I do want a newer one!

Comment

I’ll be keeping my eyes open for a good used boat don’t want a bunch of debt for a boat but I do want a newer one!

Good luck on your search! Good boats aren't cheap, and cheap boats aren't good ... usually

Comment

Boy what a difference a day or two makes. Got all the Oilmans tournament folks out of town and I didn't get run over or cut off a single time today. All the spots I caught a fish or two off of over the weekend we smoked them today. Caught 12 keepers at the first spot, only needed 10. Then every spot after that we picked up more. Switched from live shrimp to plastics and caught and released 15 more good trout and added a couple reds to the box. It was a heck of a morning.

Comment

I'll sell you mine this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                                Boy what a difference a day or two makes. Got all the Oilmans tournament folks out of town and I didn't get run over or cut off a single time today. All the spots I caught a fish or two off of over the weekend we smoked them today. Caught 12 keepers at the first spot, only needed 10. Then every spot after that we picked up more. Switched from live shrimp to plastics and caught and released 15 more good trout and added a couple reds to the box. It was a heck of a morning.
                                Congrats on the good day Glenn!

Comment

Working...
                                X