Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    I'm 80 percent, still a little far out...
    I'm in this boat.

That's a pun.

Spent half the day on a tractor making momma happy. Could possibly make me sick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      No fish were harmed this weekend. I had 2 fish spit the hook this morning.

The new boat ran great and now has 5 hours on it so it’s good to go.

There are a few things with the gauges I will have them fix after Labor Day but other than that it’s all good.

Who’s still down for the 6th.?

Well the evening Of the 5th and the morning of the 6th.

ZZtex
      Dukfvr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Still in for the AM. Possibly the evening of the 5th. Just gotta decide if I want to get a room.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Well snap, hopefully there was no damage.

Came out better than I feared. Minor scratches in bottom of hull and no prop damage but the new wrap has some battle scars that I’m afraid will start it peeling.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          Pretty sure I limited the blood to 1 room in the condo.

Our Jr. Capt made a slight navigational miscalculation [emoji849][emoji849]

It happens!![emoji2]

I hit something in a bend in Shelly slough in Bistineau when I was his age and it bend my steering rod and I couldn't turn left in a hard left turn! Shut her down and picked the widest gap in the cypress trees and held on tight! The boat rode up about 6 foot out the water and got stuck. Couple pontoons loaded with old folks come cruising down the river about the time I regained my senses and not hooked onto me and pulled me back in the lake! Couple scratches and the bilge pump had a little work to do when I got back in the water! $200 repair and I was back in the water!![emoji23]

Comment

Came out better than I feared. Minor scratches in bottom of hull and no prop damage but the new wrap has some battle scars that I’m afraid will start it peeling.
            Cut it close as possible with a razor?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a **** tuff day on the water today boat ran great all day but the fish were not cooperating. We caught ever 17-18” red in Aransas Pass and ever 14.5” trout. Boxed 1 red and 2 trout.

Had to make an emergency boat trailer repair on of the boards broke off due to rusty mounts!

Comment

FYI

Stuck on oyster shell with nothing but crocs in the boat SUCKS
                I did the same thing today lucky I had boots... 26mph to zero is not a good ride..

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Another reason why I keep my wading boots in the back compartment. I’m usually in flip flops on the boat.

I asked before we left on this little adventure that his wading stuff was on the boat, he assured that it was. When I opened the hatch only ray guards and a wading belt were in there.

“Oh yea, my boots weren’t in my bag and I forgot to go back and look”
                  Last edited by bboswell; 07-21-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Catching turned out to be just as tough as I expected it to be in POC fishing from the boats with artificials. Being we had 2 newbies with no wade gear and a surgery patient that wasn’t allowed in water we were stuck in the boats regardless. Saturday neither boat boxed a keeper fish, by about 12:30 the newb’s were getting restless so we headed to the jetties to drift hunks of meat.

They had an absolute blast reeling in sharks of multiple kinds for a couple hours and we called it a day.

After dinner Bryce decided he could not go a day at the bay without boxing a fish so he was headed back out. I decided to ride with for obvious reason and his brother with GF decided to go as well. He had a track on his GPS to follow so I really wasn’t paying enough attention until I looked up and saw shore birds ahead with their toenails sticking out of the water....

Needless to say we did not get to fish but thanks to a couple of guys passing by we did get the boat back to water and didn’t have to leave it overnight.

Today was better, both boats caught fish. Bryce had a good friend from High school with him that had never been in saltwater and never fished at all. Today he had her throwing a bait caster consistently, she boxed a couple trout,he boxed 3 trout between 17 & 25-1/2” and a bonus black drum.

About 11:00 we headed back to the jetties with a 1 hour limit before we were heading in to load up. 2 on my boat were catching sharks again, Bryce & Heather went further into the jetty to start.

About 45 minutes in Bryce came blowing up beside us all exited and trying to pull along side, on his 2nd circle I saw a big bull red laying partially in his wading net on the deck of his boat.

So Heather, the one that had never fished and had never been in saltwater, hooked into a 39” bull red, not only did Bryce talk her through fighting it (and refusing to help) he somehow got the thing boated using the only net he had which was his little wading net! He videoed most of the fight and the commentary’s hilarious but it is waaaay to long to post.

So everyone had a good time, we have a very hooked new fisher lady, Bryce learned lots about his boat and he is feeling pretty dangled accomplished running his own rig and getting a newly on fish!

It was a good weekend Y’all!

Comment

Forgot to mention we even got to me our own Josh at Froggies!

Unfortunately it was as we were loading to leave so I didn’t get to follow and mark any of his spots!

Comment

Good deal Brent. Glad to hear the weekend worked out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Good deal Brent. Glad to hear the weekend worked out in the end!

There wasn’t much danger of the weekend turning out bad. I post here about his mishaps etc because I find it humorous while I feel his pain.

I think most on this thread have lived his pain as new boat owners and can relate.

Truth is I don’t post enough of the stuff enough he does right....
                          Last edited by bboswell; 07-21-2019, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Catching turned out to be just as tough as I expected it to be in POC fishing from the boats with artificials. Being we had 2 newbies with no wade gear and a surgery patient that wasn’t allowed in water we were stuck in the boats regardless. Saturday neither boat boxed a keeper fish, by about 12:30 the newb’s were getting restless so we headed to the jetties to drift hunks of meat.

They had an absolute blast reeling in sharks of multiple kinds for a couple hours and we called it a day.

After dinner Bryce decided he could not go a day at the bay without boxing a fish so he was headed back out. I decided to ride with for obvious reason and his brother with GF decided to go as well. He had a track on his GPS to follow so I really wasn’t paying enough attention until I looked up and saw shore birds ahead with their toenails sticking out of the water....

Needless to say we did not get to fish but thanks to a couple of guys passing by we did get the boat back to water and didn’t have to leave it overnight.

Today was better, both boats caught fish. Bryce had a good friend from High school with him that had never been in saltwater and never fished at all. Today he had her throwing a bait caster consistently, she boxed a couple trout,he boxed 3 trout between 17 & 25-1/2” and a bonus black drum.

About 11:00 we headed back to the jetties with a 1 hour limit before we were heading in to load up. 2 on my boat were catching sharks again, Bryce & Heather went further into the jetty to start.

About 45 minutes in Bryce came blowing up beside us all exited and trying to pull along side, on his 2nd circle I saw a big bull red laying partially in his wading net on the deck of his boat.

So Heather, the one that had never fished and had never been in saltwater, hooked into a 39” bull red, not only did Bryce talk her through fighting it (and refusing to help) he somehow got the thing boated using the only net he had which was his little wading net! He videoed most of the fight and the commentary’s hilarious but it is waaaay to long to post.

So everyone had a good time, we have a very hooked new fisher lady, Bryce learned lots about his boat and he is feeling pretty dangled accomplished running his own rig and getting a newly on fish!

It was a good weekend Y’all!
                            Good report, sounds like it turned out to be a great trip!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I think most on this thread have lived his pain as new boat owners and can relate.

Been there & can relate personally!! LOL!

Comment

Man sounds like team Boswell is operating like a well oiled machine!! Good on you Brent for raisin' that boy right!

Comment

Working...
                                X