• Show
Clear All

Let's ride...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      Let's ride...

I'M STUCK AT WORK, BUT MY BOAT WANTS TO GET IN THE WATER REALLY BAd.

Comment

Go tear 'em up Shane!! What a beautiful morning for it!!

Comment

Let's ride...

Well???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
            Well???

All I found were dinks! Lots and lots of them

Comment

Had a nice trip today chasing the birds. Came up two shy of our four man limit because I had to get home to put up Christmas lights. My lucky hat paid off again. Threw back 3 or 4 keeper reds as well.

Comment

19" & two 18" Florida Pompano (Texas Permit )

One of the most expensive fish per pound in the world is FLORIDA POMPANO

Caught several Chopper Blues & the rare Eating Size Croaker

Dozens of Bull Whiting - the size you can cut a 10" filet per side

Fake baits FISH BITES with custom colored hook float leaders and Owner #4 hooks

Getting Rare in the surf - croakers used to run the suds by the millions. Now you are lucky to catch one big enough for the box. I released this one.

Chopper Bluefish. Lotta bite offs in the suds this time of the year are contributed to these fish. Serious teeth and voracious feeders - anything moves get hit.

I got bite off 4 times - one pulled line which I contributed to a blacktip shark. The others, CHOPPER BLUES.

Estimated 3 - 4 lb Pompano. Fishing 15lb test Sakuma Nite Crystal mono lines on an AKIOS 666 reel & Penn Squall 15, they rip line off the reel and run the bars during hookup. Fun on light long distance casting tackle.

My longest Pompano to date taped 22" last year. The Texas State Record taped 24" and went 6lbs.

Casts around 120 - 140 yards puts the bait in their zone - the bigger Pomps.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                  19" & two 18" Florida Pompano (Texas Permit )

One of the most expensive fish per pound in the world is FLORIDA POMPANO

Caught several Chopper Blues & the rare Eating Size Croaker

Dozens of Bull Whiting - the size you can cut a 10" filet per side

Fake baits FISH BITES with custom colored hook float leaders and Owner #4 hooks

Getting Rare in the surf - croakers used to run the suds by the millions. Now you are lucky to catch one big enough for the box. I released this one.

Chopper Bluefish. Lotta bite offs in the suds this time of the year are contributed to these fish. Serious teeth and voracious feeders - anything moves get hit.

I got bite off 4 times - one pulled line which I contributed to a blacktip shark. The others, CHOPPER BLUES.

Estimated 3 - 4 lb Pompano. Fishing 15lb test Sakuma Nite Crystal mono lines on an AKIOS 666 reel & Penn Squall 15, they rip line off the reel and run the bars during hookup. Fun on light long distance casting tackle.

My longest Pompano to date taped 22" last year. The Texas State Record taped 24" and went 6lbs.

Casts around 120 - 140 yards puts the bait in their zone - the bigger Pomps.

I’m surprised there are any croaker left with how many are netted for bait. Nice pomps. I caught one in the surf in Surfside this summer. Mighty fine eating fish.

Comment

Mighty fine eating fish.
                    And the window to target the jumbo Pomps is pretty narrow here in Texas. I smoke them whole, peel the skin off, pick the meat off the bones and make a pile for fish tacos. So darn good!

Top of the head to the nose - there's a sliver of meat on both sides of it's head = UNBELIEVABLE EATS

Comment

It's been a really good fall. Very consistent.

Comment

All I found were dinks! Lots and lots of them

I ain't buying that. I was out yesterday too and we had 20 trout and 2 reds in the box, caught and released another 30 or 40, boat washed and put away, fish cleaned and were at the Lighthouse eating breakfast before 10 am.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                          I ain't buying that. I was out yesterday too and we had 20 trout and 2 reds in the box, caught and released another 30 or 40, boat washed and put away, fish cleaned and were at the Lighthouse eating breakfast before 10 am.
                          I'm not a master

Only had a couple of hours to fish in the middle of the day. 1 dink red and about 15 dink trout none over 13 inches.

Comment

I'm not a master

Only had a couple of hours to fish in the middle of the day. 1 dink red and about 15 dink trout none over 13 inches.

Croaker [emoji13]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Dam apparently I had people on my boat and had no clue they were there. y'all need to at least bring beer!

Comment

Dam apparently I had people on my boat and had no clue they were there. y'all need to at least bring beer!

Castaway got your rods on sail.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X