You’re getting old when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

My great grandfather had a dairy farm where the fiesta sits now.
    I actually had typed in that we have photo's of the Daisy farm that used to be there ...and then deleted it. Small world. I'm sure somewhere down the line our parents or grandparents knew each other.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Burnadell remembers his first kill. Told me he got a saber tooth with an atlatl

Originally posted by glen View Post
      If you yearbook picture was on a stone tablet
      Good grief, that young stud must have been a lady killer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        I actually had typed in that we have photo's of the Daisy farm that used to be there ...and then deleted it. Small world. I'm sure somewhere down the line our parents or grandparents knew each other.
        yes sir. Id like to see those photos if there was a way

We have an article that was written about him. It mentions him paying something like 576 bucks for 244 acres that was later the dairy. He claimed the land was covered in deer and turkeys. My family later built the first bridge over that bayou to get cows back and forth

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          yes sir. Id like to see those photos if there was a way

We have an article that was written about him. It mentions him paying something like 576 bucks for 244 acres that was later the dairy. He claimed the land was covered in deer and turkeys. My family later built the first bridge over that bayou to get cows back and forth
          I will see if I can get a hold of them. My mom has the photo's. She still lives in that area right behind St.Pius. I think my grandfather worked either for the dairy farm directly....or indirectly for the delivery service that transferred/delivered the milk from the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            I will see if I can get a hold of them. My mom has the photo's. She still lives in that area right behind St.Pius. I think my grandfather worked either for the dairy farm directly....or indirectly for the delivery service that transferred/delivered the milk from the farm.
            Cool. Thatll work

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

On the flip side, I think my neck of the woods has more old homes and farms growing back up than being built. I think our county has about the same population that we had in 1890.

There are three old places on our road that are slowly going back to nature. One of the big pretty old houses fell in, last year & the others aren’t far behind.
              Attached Files

Comment

My folks are right in the heart of CANCER alley with the highest levels of cancer per capita in the USA. A couple of dozen "good paying" chemical plants line the levee's from Baton Rouge thru the River Parishes to NOLA. Truly a dying community, especially on the West Bank of the Mighty Mississippi River. Most high school grads geaux off to college never to return, others join the military never to return or just move away over time. Friday night 1A football holds the community (3A when I was in school) together along with a bevy of churches and old-line families. The area is known more for the old plantation homes along the river road and gas stations with incredible creole food. NOLA is a great place to visit but not many opportunities beyond service/entertainment jobs. Baton Rouge traffic reminds me of Houston at 5 pm......incredible gridlock. Yep, things HAVE CHANGED but zero complaints from me. Home is truly where the heart is!

Comment

I remember in the mid 80s taking our 22s out to shoot at the Brazos River turn around off of 59 and the Brazos River in Richmond. Pretty sure that is a no go now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X