Scotch Drinkers, got a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pgar171 View Post
    Monkey Shoulder is a great blend. good for someone that is new to scotch. every non scotch drinker I have introduced to it has loved it. very reasonable as well.

This!

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
      Again, professionally speaking, the reason to drink Laphroaig or Octomore is so you get to drink your own scotch. If you want something else maybe one of the girls can bring something back with the flavored seltzers.

Well Mudslinger, what did you go with?
      Well, what did you go with?
      I promise you the way to go is with one of the above.
      I was going to bet you would not like the first bottle or I would buy it for you. Then I got to thinking you just might like the $37,000 one

Comment

Monkey Shoulder and yea I know it’s a stupid name but decent price and pretty smooth for brown water

Comment

Just pick any of the ones above and pour 3 2 oz shots over ice with 2 oz of drambuei.

Comment

My advice is to get a VERY small bottle of Scotch before you invest in a big bottle. Specs has the airline-sized bottles. Buy a few a find what you can tolerate as I'm convinced no one truly likes Scotch! You don't want to have an $80 bottle of The Macallan on your shelf that you will NEVER drink.

Comment

Aberlour is one of my favorites. It hasn't been mentioned yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                Man all of these mentioned so far are fantastic Scotches. Another couple I like and are not too expensive is Famous Grouse, let me tell ya what, that bird does good work! Also like some Johnny Walker. Yeah its a blend but its dang good. Black, Green Blue, yum.
                Another vote for “Famous Grouse”

Comment

This is my favorite.. hard to find.

Comment

OK. I tried my first Scotch on the rocks and I thought it was a very good flavor and smooth to drink. I had a close friend come over Monday night for some food and drink and he brought this Scotch for me to try. Very nice But again I know nothing about Scotch. This is what he brought and I drank.

The Balvenie Doublewood. Aged 12 years. A single malt.

Is this a good Scotch?

Comment

Mud, I think that's great Scotch.

Comment

From a Scotsman - Aberlour 12yo. Enjoy your dram..

Comment

Working...
                        X