No announcement yet.

Wonder what the point is to this text scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s bait. They just want you to respond so that they can confirm which numbers are active/responsive numbers. Those numbers will be added to a database for future calls/textx

Comment

I answer robo calls. When I get a live person i immediately say. “The job is done and there is blood everywhere. What is the next step?” They hang up on me.

Comment

someone is spoofing your cell number and spamming people with calls and text messages. Some of these people reply "stop" thinking it will take them off a list.

that is the unsolicited "stop" text messages you are receiving

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
          someone is spoofing your cell number and spamming people with calls and text messages. Some of these people reply "stop" thinking it will take them off a list.

that is the unsolicited "stop" text messages you are receiving
          This.
          I have seen folks here say they got a text from their cell phone number.....................

Comment

^^^^^^ winner

Comment

Speaking of spoofing and spam robo calls, I almost always answer the call and press the button to speak to a CSR. Depending on how busy / ****** I am, i will either mute my end of the call and listen to them endlessly say hello.... just to waste their time, which costs their employer money. If we all did this I think we'd see a sharp decrease in the volume of these calls. Sometimes I will engage them and get to the point of the closing line "today only" or "this offer is only valid during this call" and then hangup.

I used to berate the CSR but it's not their job to set the company policy, plus that person on the other end of the phone isn't very bright or talented ro and up with that type of job. I now sorta feel sorry for them.

But I'm happy to burn their time.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

Originally posted by DEG View Post
                I answer robo calls. When I get a live person i immediately say. “The job is done and there is blood everywhere. What is the next step?” They hang up on me.
                Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                Speaking of spoofing and spam robo calls, I almost always answer the call and press the button to speak to a CSR. Depending on how busy / ****** I am, i will either mute my end of the call and listen to them endlessly say hello.... just to waste their time, which costs their employer money. If we all did this I think we'd see a sharp decrease in the volume of these calls. Sometimes I will engage them and get to the point of the closing line "today only" or "this offer is only valid during this call" and then hangup.

I used to berate the CSR but it's not their job to set the company policy, plus that person on the other end of the phone isn't very bright or talented ro and up with that type of job. I now sorta feel sorry for them.

But I'm happy to burn their time.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors
                If I’ve got the time I will answer the Spam Likely calls and yell “You’re the lucky 100th caller and you are Live on the Air!! What’s your name? Tell us a little about yourself”
                9 times out of 10 after a little bit of silence they will just hang up.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  Lucky me ! No, I did not respond. Showed it to my wife just to prove I still got it !

That link isn't working?

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    That link isn't working?

Bwahahahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X