East Texas Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
    Get ready for the most miserable oppressive heat + humidity known to man. I grew up north of Tyler and despite all my family still living in the area it would take a cold day in hell to convince me to move back.
    Must be a Gilmer or maybe Lindale guy? …………...or maybe the metropolis of
    Starville…….lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Must be a Gilmer or maybe Lindale guy? …………...or maybe the metropolis of

Starville…….lol!!!
      Close! Big Sandy [emoji846]

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
        Close! Big Sandy [emoji846]

I know Big Sandy, but who doesn't?

Comment

Granbury gets one PR and you have to move out

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I know Big Sandy, but who doesn't?
            Back in the day they all knew her, and her little spot on the railroad track.
            She musta been some fine piece, is all I can say, being as how they named the town after her.
            True story

I came out to Lake of The Pines from the metro mess, almost 8 yrs ago. Haven't regretted it a bit. Is one humid mother though at times. Good fishing too. Pines, Fork, and Twak all lined up in a row.
            Last edited by MadHatter; 06-28-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

We love the San Augustine area. Thats where the wife and I want to move when we retire. Great hunting and two of the best fishing lakes(Rayburn and Toledo Bend)are only 25 to 30 min away. Center is about a 30 min drive and they pretty much have everything you need.

Comment

Tyler has just about everything you could need

We live in Lindale and I grew up here. Land prices are getting stupid as the average is around $12k/ac on smaller tracts
                I am sure that the majority of all the smaller communities around Tyler are the same

If I was looking in this area I would start 15mi outside the inner loop and work outward
                Minneola, Quitman, Athens, Jacksonville and Canton would be good starting points and still keep you close enough to the benefits

I am sure there are other nice areas in the eastern part of the state but I only commented on what I know a little about

Comment

X2 on Tyler area within 30 mile radius. I grew up in the sticks of Blackfoot, Tx south of Athens about 20 miles. I like Sleepy also live in Whitehouse. Land around Whitehouse & Bullard is not cheap. I’ve seen small tracts hitting $20k/acre. I’ve seen tracts up to 40 acres still holding $10k/acre. Bullard & Whitehouse real estate holds value well & fast sales due to great school districts.
                  If you head south of Tyler in the Jacksonville area land gets cheaper per acre with the same scenery.
                  Tyler is known for pretty good medical system which is something to consider for a retiree but also most any shopping & eats you will need

Comment

I grew up in Hughes springs but live/work in gilmer now. We moved here for the Friday night lights . Nah, we both got decent jobs here and got tired of the 40 minute commute. East Texas isn't bad and it's home but if I had a choice in a perfect world we'd be in the hill country. I don't see east Texas as "scenic". I hate pine trees and iron ore dirt but hey come on over lol

Comment

Have relatives in New Boston area, they love it
                      I’d prefer hill country but priced out for that part of Tx

Comment

Big Sandy = Circle M !

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          Shreveport wants you

That place is trash.

Comment

My office is in Livingston, the people are great but you’re about 35 minutes from real civilization and real estate is overpriced. I’d look in an area around Lufkin like Apple Springs, Huntington or Diboll. Pretty land that is well priced. I have looked extensively the past 90 days and the areas I’ve mentioned have the best deals in that neck of the woods. Have clients in most of those towns and they all have nothing but good things to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I live on the west side of Lufkin, in Hudson. If I had my druthers, I would be out around Apple Springs. Still close enough to Lufkin for pretty much anything you need, and not to expensive on land prices.

Comment

Check Here.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X