Texas Monthly 2019 BBQ Bracket Semi Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    The best in the area are Smittys, Luling City Market and Hays County imo.

Never was impressed with Blacks. I mean it's good just not as good. The Blacks in San Marcos has good brisket but the ribs are not good at all. The ones I listed have good both.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I've had Blacks twice. Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt the 1st time. Also was not impressed.

Comment

Does Brett’s get pretty crowded on weekends? Gonna try and hit that on the way home this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
        The fact that killens is not in the bracket makes this lose all credibility. Thank you next
        I think Gatlin’s, Pinkerton’s, and Corkscrew all have better brisket than Killen and that is just in the Houston area.

Comment

Brett’s is a pretty simple place. All outdoor seating. Not much parking. The food makes up for it. It’s sad that the closed down gas station, next door, put up flagging to keep his customers from parking there.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
            I think Gatlin’s, Pinkerton’s, and Corkscrew all have better brisket than Killen and that is just in the Houston area.
            Sucks to be wrong I’m sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
              Been to a lot of places on that list... none of them compare to 407BBQ in Argyle!!
              I havn't been since they moved into the new place, I was hoping it was still awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                Like most magazine and newspapers it was probably based on who paid $ to run ads.
                That's what I figure it is .

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I havn't been since they moved into the new place, I was hoping it was still awesome.
                  went last week and it was pretty good but dang had me burpin smoke for two days afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Just as good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ate at Brett’s just now, it was dang good and definitely the best bbq sauce I’ve ever had. Pulled pork was incredible. Guy in front of me ordered the last rack of ribs.
                      Last edited by bk913; 06-30-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                        Just as good!

Never heard of it until this thread. Still on 407? What do you recommend?

Comment

Had lunch at Louie Mueller's in Taylor on Friday with the wife. We eat there on occasion while running errands. It was just ok. Looks like we may have to run over to Snows in the near future.

Comment

THIS!
                            Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                            Texas monthly=poorest excuse for a Texas magazine. I wouldn’t even wipe my rear end with that Liberal garbage.

Comment

I like Opies in Spicewood, they are not even on the bracket. It’s less than five miles from the house so no need to go and stand in line for an hour to eat good Q.

Comment

Rockdale Tiger football and Brett’s putting The Rock on the map!

Comment

Working...
                                X