No announcement yet.

talk me out of a stick burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get another egg they do it all and you don't have to babysit it.
    If you want better smoke flavor get some oak and put on top of the lump.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

men use stick burners

Comment

Had stick of some sort 50y..Still have a 4 brisket(Lyfe Tyme)...Got a Pit Boss pellet a year or so ago...and LyfeTyme has been on permanent vacation...

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
          Stick Burner= Dark Bark= Burnt Ends.
          This

I have a pellet, had a propane and often cook on FIL's stick burner. In my experience with 4 brands of pellet smokers and countless brands of pellets there is no way to get the smoked flavor of a stick burner. Even with a smoke tube.

Yes the easy bake is fool proof and more versatile but, I still want a smaller stick burner for the house to do the occasional all day smoke and fire poke

Comment

Well...
            Attached Files

Comment

To me it’s all about the cooking experience and pride in the result after dedicating the time.
              Sorta like- I’d be more proud of shooting a deer with my Hoyt wheel bow that I would if I shot it with a crossbow from rifle range. Same with a brisket. I feel more pride after spending the time and effort rather than just sticking it in and setting a timer to do the work for me.
              But that’s just me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                To me it’s all about the cooking experience and pride in the result after dedicating the time.
                Sorta like- I’d be more proud of shooting a deer with my Hoyt wheel bow that I would if I shot it with a crossbow from rifle range. Same with a brisket. I feel more pride after spending the time and effort rather than just sticking it in and setting a timer to do the work for me.
                But that’s just me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                This all day long.

Comment

Do any of the top BBQ joints in the state use those pellet thingys?

No.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to do other things like golf, or fish while smoking a brisket, then a pellet grill hands down. If you want to baby sit the pit all day then stick pit is the call. Really depends on how you want to cook.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                      Was there a question? Unless you play golf a whole lot better than you pick teams, get the stick burner.
                      By the way, we missed you at the U.S.. Open. The Open is coming up. Picks will be due on the 17th. I will send you an invitation.
                      Gauntlet thrown Challenge accepted. I was too busy with the move but will be back for sure

Comment

Comment

You should also consider a Weber Smoky Mountain. I get mine up to temp on a brisket and it will hold that temp straight for 7-8 hours without me doing a thing. Last few hours I will prep additional wood coals and keep it going but other than that it is a set it and go smoker. Half the price of a pellet smoker, and you don’t have to tuck your junk to operate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Do any of the top BBQ joints in the state use those pellet thingys?

No.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            /\/\/\ This man has a valid point. It is hard to get those deep levels of smoke & dark thick bark on the pellet poopers. The stick burner takes time and patience but IMO turns out a better product

Comment

Weber Smokey Mountain here...one bag of charcoal, some chunks of smoke wood...minion method....10-12hrs at 225...good brisket...

Comment

Lets build you one. I can build you a hybrid so you can run your fire like you want, then if you leave you can switch on the pellet hopper and let her cruise.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X