No announcement yet.

Work Commute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went from essentially working at home to driving a little over an hour each way. The good part is that I only spend 10-15 minutes in heavy traffic, the rest is on smaller roads. I spend a lot of time listening to audio books. I do lose two hours a day on the road but only plan to do this for a few more years before I am eligible to retire.

Comment

I drive 40 minutes each way....it was miserable after working an overnight 12 hour shift. Even worse when I had to wait to go to court and then go home. Very little time for anything but Poop shower shave sleep.

Comment

Stop lying to all these people saying you work . I say go for it and open a branch in the area. I am not much help anyway as my commute is 3.5 miles

Comment

I say go for it!!

Comment

It's not that bad as long as it's not traffic. I switched geara and I'll be working in college station for the next 11 months minimum until contract is up and hopefully longer. It's only 3 days week as we work 12s but they gave me an opportunity to grow and learn stuff I wasn't getting in town. I can say I prefer driving an hr and 5- hr 15minutes to college station than the 45-hr drive to the med center.

Comment

3 minutes if I drive , maybe 10 I I walk .

Comment

Process and Industrial HVAC

Home office and my average commute is 1 to 4 hours each way, 3 to 4 days a week

Comment

We commute around 50 minutes 1 way each day. We are going to build about 15 minutes closer to work. That will be awesome. As little of a commute as we can make the better.

Comment

10 hours in the car every week isn't too bad if you have flexible work hours and little traffic. But traffic makes a big difference. And I wouldn't want to to do it on top of long work hours. P

Comment

Commuting is a grind. Had a 35 minute commute-moved 25 minutes further out. Better schools, semi country. Kids are older and active so I don’t miss time with them. Love daily interactions with deer, garden and kids 4h animal projects at house. No way this was possible in the city. I look forward to getting home.

It is tough when it gets dark early during winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive 80 miles one way. Takes about 1 1/4 hrs in the morning and 2 1/2+ in the afternoon if I get off after 4pm. I enjoy the quietness of the country. Want to move onto more acreage but don’t really want to drive any farther. Plus I drive a truck for a living. Starting to get real tired of sitting in traffic.

Comment

I was fortunate to have a good job and not have to live in the big cities. My longest commute was 15 minutes with not much traffic. I cant even imagine having an hour or more commute every day. Some people seem to really enjoy it, but it escapes me how that is possible....lol

Comment

It takes me 50min to get from Dallas to Allen every afternoon. It sucks!

Comment

Just recently moved, I was 35 miles with stop and go 45 minute commute to work and 60 minutes home and now I am all highway 60 miles taking about 50 minutes to and 1:15 home.

I can now shoot my bow in the backyard, legally, watch deer from the house in the evening, take a ride on the atv, or pee anywhere I want to, every day of the week. An absolute dream. The drive is a great time to unwind with podcast, catch up on news, talk to friends or family, or just listen to music. When I get home I have no need to touch the phone or tv, all family and outdoors.

Comment

i did an hour commute for 9 years. Was it long and taxing yes, but "happy wife, happy life" or so the saying goes. Unfortunately i transferred to a plant 2 hours away, and no i either commute the 4 hours per day or stay in my camper during the week and head home on the weekends. Not ideal, but makes the ends meet until something better shows up back home.

Comment

Working...
                                X