For those that are eBay pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that are eBay pros

My wife went online looking to see what she could find in the way of a cargo trailer. She found a 6 x 12 for a very good price and has been emailing back and forth with the owner. We have committed to buy it. The owner said it is listed on eBay and will notify them that we are the buyer and if we send our name and address it will actually be delivered to us. We then have, I believe, seven days to finalize the deal before any money changes hands. Anybody familiar with this?

Sounds like a scam! Run away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

scam. a seller would rather sell off of ebay than to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
        Sounds like a scam! Run away!

Why does it seem like a scam. If the trailer is delivered prior to any money exchanging hands?

Comment

Run!!!!!! I almost got burned on a 78 Camaro. They kept trying to ship it. I told then I would drive up and look at it before I committed to buy it. I was lucky. The "freshly rebuilt" engine was sprayed with orange paint in the engine bay. The pictures showed a decent car with some potential....when I arrived I found a wrecked POS. The pics were creatively taken to hide or minimize the issues and damage.

Moral of the story.....they will do everything to get you to buy and then ship to you...you send the money, they disappear. Craigslist is worse.....everyone is in the military and shipping due to recent deployment. I would figure out where its at and if you can't arrange a face to face sale I would walk. Just my two cents worth. Let us know how it turns out.
          Last edited by Jon B; 06-21-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

You get to keep groceries, haircuts, trucks, or anything else for 7 days without exchanging money?

Comment

If it’s too good to be true, it’s too good to be true. Avoid this.

Tried buying a tractor like this. Bailed before it was too late.

Comment

Sounds pretty scammish to me also.

Comment

Don’t!

Comment

Do NOT buy anything off-auction. You lose all buyer protections through paypal if you do that.

Comment

Keep looking and find another cargo trailer. You ain’t getting that one brother

Comment

By committed to buy do you mean you won the ebay auction

Comment

Look out

Comment

A couple weeks ago I get a text, guy needs a tree cut down next to his rental house, send a picture of the tree. I go look at it and yes it is a real house and a real tree and is for rent. I tell him $500. He says he will send me a check and when I get it go do the job.
                            He sends a priority envelope to me stating that he overpaid me by mistake, please take the check for $2800 and go cash it and send him the balance back and keep an extra $100 for the trouble. Knowing it was a scam and you can't catch these guys, I get the check and it is fake of course. I text him back yesterday and tell him there was no check in the envelope, so now he is freaking out, I take a picture of the empty envelope and send it to him. Guy says that is impossible, I act like I am irritated and tell him to either send me the check or not but quit messing with me. He apologizes and says he will send a new one right out.
                            So when that one comes I will tell him it was empty again just to mess with him. My wife thinks it was pretty funny when she realized what I was doing.

Comment

Or, tell him he didn’t sign it. Do a little photoshop work and drag him on.

Comment

Working...
                              X