Divorce your wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
    Is there a way you can assure she wont get half of your 401k? We dont have kids so the most important thing is assuring she doesn't get half my retirement?
    Neither of you get the 401K. She gets a fraction and the rest si split between the government and lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Nope. I got a life sentence. I've already served 27 years of that life sentence.
      32 for me, just this past 20th of June

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        What century are you in? Do you have kids?
        I’d suggest he get a new avatar

Click image for larger version

Name:	F30B534B-A072-41F1-9188-884840C956A1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	24583632

Comment

Divorce your wife?

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          I.

Yes, there some despicable women out there, that no matter what a capable man delivers to the relationship would destroy it, but they are the exception not the rule

I think your situation may be the exception these days. I’m not saying that to be a smart arse. I’m going to boil it down further and replace “women” with “people”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Some top notch virtue signaling going on here.

Let me ask what you would have done in my situation. Married 5 years, no kids. Find out she has opened credit cards in your name, and given them to another man, who ran them up to the tune of about $25K. While you are at work she sells your truck that you bought when you were 16 (had a company vehicle for work), horse, fishing equipment and a couple guns to pay for her boyfriends gambling addiction. Come home to find all the stuff gone and this is when you find out about the boyfriend. There were some signs but you didn't want to believe it. Do you honor the "solemn vow" or do what I did and divorce her? I filed, won everything because I owned the house before we were married (paid cash) and got a judgment to cover all of the debt she incurred. I was able to prove what she had done. Best part is, she ended up marrying a pretty wealthy guy and when they went to buy a house, he had to satisfy the judgment before they could buy so I got my money back 7 years later. Well, most of it, I had spent about $5k on an attorney that I was not able to recoup.
            Last edited by LoneStarCarnivo; 06-23-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              I think your situation may be the exception these days. I’m not saying that to be a smart arse. I’m going to boil it down further and replace “women” with “people”.

Agreed. My mother deals with a lot of people in her calling and has told me directly that women are different now. In the past the "normal" woman was a good, kind hearted, motherly, loving, faithful, self sacrificing person. But she sees very few that are like that now. Even at my younger ( 44 ) age I have seen the change myself. My view as a child/teen was that the woman was the "good" one. Many men were also, but many men werent. When the man wasnt "good" the woman did what she had to do to make the household run and keep the kids taken care of. Now the women are no different than the average men. As a man, even I know that is not a good thing.

I suppose that is "fair"......but our families and society is suffering for it. I belive this is why we are seeing more men stepping up and fulfilling the role women traditionally held. More men are taking care of the kids. More getting custody. More raising kids on their own while the woman does her own thing ( lived that myself ).

Comment

Done 13 yrs ago. Knew it was best for us despite all of the friends and family who wouldn't accept. My life is 10x better and have to believe hers is too.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarCarnivo View Post
                  Some top notch virtue signaling going on here.

Let me ask what you would have done in my situation. Married 5 years, no kids. Find out she has opened credit cards in your name, and given them to another man, who ran them up to the tune of about $25K. While you are at work she sells your truck that you bought when you were 16 (had a company vehicle for work), horse, fishing equipment and a couple guns to pay for her boyfriends gambling addiction. Come home to find all the stuff gone and this is when you find out about the boyfriend. There were some signs but you didn't want to believe it. Do you honor the "solemn vow" or do what I did and divorce her? I filed, won everything because I owned the house before we were married (paid cash) and got a judgment to cover all of the debt she incurred. I was able to prove what she had done. Best part is, she ended up marrying a pretty wealthy guy and when they went to buy a house, he had to satisfy the judgment before they could buy so I got my money back 7 years later. Well, most of it, I had spent about $5k on an attorney that I was not able to recoup.

Wow. That’s insane.

Comment

I filed on my wife. I made vows, sure. I screwed up. Ever happen to you? It happed to me me. I fixed my mistake.

I divorced at 40. I wont marry again. Burn me once.........

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                      Interesting you say this because I saw an article today that said divorce rates are at a 40 year low, except in people 55 and over. Seems like everyone in my parents’ generation got divorced. I’ve been with my wife since I was 15 and married for 15 this summer. All the guys I work with are about my age and all on our first marriage.

I sometimes wonder if divorce doesn’t skip generations. My parents got divorced 35ish years ago and it still affects my life to this day. For that reason, I think I’m slower to run for the door because I know what it’s like for the kids.

Just a thought.

I also agree on the divorce skipping generation theory. My sister and i came from a divorce household growing up and we hated it. This was the viet nam era dads coming home. I dated my wife 5 years prior to getting married and we had long talks about divorce if we had kids. Fortunately we have made it work for 17 years and it has been tough at times. I do not want my kids raised the way i grew up. My sister has been married 20 years to her husband and feels the same as i do.
                      I have a bunch of friends who have gone through divorce and feel bad for every one of them. I also am very proud of you guys who make it work with your ex. My parents could not be in the same room. It sucked at graduation, my wedding, and kids birthdays. I do not judge anyone who has to make that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a lot of compassion for you fellers that have been divorced and a lot of pride in the ones that are dedicated to their children.

Comment

I’ve heard good and bad things from friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                            bingo bingo bingo folks are so stuck on old ways and outdated principles. Nothing wrong with divorcing etc and its better to be great co parents then 2 parents living under 1 roof hating each other. The days of staying together for the kids is freaking toxic! People always say stick it out. How the heck can a man stick it out if his wife is giving it away to everyone in the street?
                            Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                            I agree
                            So why get married in the first place?

The issue is the breakdown of our society. People are so screwed in the head they have no idea what's right/wrong anymore. Ok to be gay or Bi..sure why not.. Ok to change gender..Sure... Lets go ahead and make drugs legal also.. That should help society right along. Everything is opposite of what the Bible teaches. Either one sees that and understands why things are going downhill or they refuse to see it.

BTW - I agree with those divorcing their cheating spouse.

Comment

It has come to my attention that one of our.....uhhh slower members feels like my statements about marriage are "advice". I know it is obvious to the vast majority of members, but I guess I must make it clear. Nothing of what I have written here should be construed as "advice". Merely statements, experiences and observations of my FAILED relationships. Often, those of us in the normal IQ range forget how hard it is for some to distiguish subtlties in our comunications, I would like to thank Brad for reminding me that I should keep this in mind

Comment

Great thread

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X