X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

66# at 28

Comment

Shot bows most all my life and I could pull most any bow back. 100 lb bows ten years ago were no problem. Now I guess I am paying for all the heavy lifting I have done my whole life. Now I have shoulder tendonitis in my left shoulder and my 70 lb Hoyt Alphamax is to much for my shoulder. My shoulder at times will literally collapse on me drawing the bow. Bought me a Hoyt Powermax for the smoother cam and dropped the weight down to 55 and my shoulder seems to like that. My longbows that I build I like them in the 45lb range. Someday I really need to go to the Dr. and see if I can do anything for my shoulder. If you can shoot as much as you can comfortably. Not a dang thing wrong doing that and not a dang thing wrong shooting a lighter bow if you want. All that matters is that you can handle the bow and put the arrow in the kill zone.

Comment

60-62 lbs on compound

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe I am around 67lbs with 27.5" draw

Comment

Im surprised by all the answers in the 60s. I dont think it was that way 5-8 years ago. Its certainly more than enough to get the job done though.

83# with the compound and 58# with the recurve.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                  Lots of Bubbas that believe it’s 70lbs. or nothing. I shoot 55lbs. and and get it done every season. But I’m an old man that’s had 3 shoulder surgeries and both elbows cut on.
                  I’ve been shooting 70 pounds for awhile and now thinking of reducing it. I had shoulder surgery about 6 months ago and haven’t shot since Thanksgiving. I’m not even sure I can pull 70 lbs right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                    All bow weight threads summarized:

1/3 answer question and that is all

1/3 answer question with a lower draw weight, feel need to justify it and call guys pulling more weight more or less dumb, cause they are not enlightened like the light pullers. They do this while smelling their own fartz like Prius drivers (south park reference :-) )

1/3 answer question with higher draw weight feel the need to explain performance and their power and their bow's power, cause anyone drawing less obviously cant read a website with IBO numbers listed cause they are too busy buying tampons. Then heavy draw guy has to head off to the gym with his protein shake
                    You forgot the few comedians that chim in that dont move the conversation forward, but are amusing.

Comment

Draw weights?

I’m at 62lb maxed out right now. I’ve had 60lb limbs on my bows since 2006

Comment

With today's bows, the draw cycles are so smooth and easy, pulling 65-70+ pounds is no big deal. I am more concerned with what I can hold for a minute comfortably than what I can draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                          Im surprised by all the answers in the 60s. I dont think it was that way 5-8 years ago. Its certainly more than enough to get the job done though.

Man that phenomenon has been going on for a lot longer than 5-8 years. I can remember when I bough my first 60lb bow in 2006 the talk was "with today's compound performance yesterday's 70 is today's 60". You can go back and do a search on TBH draw weight threads and see it. I have 7 members on my deer lease. 6 of us shoot 60lb bows and I can't think of any of their guests or family member that shoot 70lbs bows. It's been quite popular for awhile now.

Comment

Obsession Def Con 6 at 70#'s until at least the summer of 2020 after my Cape Buffalo hunt. At 66, 70#'s is not the easiest in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Man that phenomenon has been going on for a lot longer than 5-8 years. I can remember when I bough my first 60lb bow in 2006 the talk was "with today's compound performance yesterday's 70 is today's 60". You can go back and do a search on TBH draw weight threads and see it. I have 7 members on my deer lease. 6 of us shoot 60lb bows and I can't think of any of their guests or family member that shoot 70lbs bows. It's been quite popular for awhile now.
                              I was working at a bow shop in 06-07 and I would say 70% of the bows we sold were 70s. And even then people would want to put a bow on a scale to see if they could get more than 70 before they bought it. I dont think any of my friends shot anything but 70 until just a few years ago.

Comment

76#

Really didn’t know it was that much. I have 70# limbs maxed out. Got it tuned and sighted in. Checked the weight one day and was surprised. I didn’t want to redo everything so I left it

Comment

Working...
                                X