• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to Palestine Friday. Dang it I need to feed my deer [emoji16]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyBottomAg View Post
      Fished Lake Palestine this weekend with a buddy. Caught 8 Saturday afternoon fishing T Rigs and crank baits on drop offs. Not much size. Sunday morning was much slower. My parents have a place there and I’ve just recently been trying to figure out how to catch the LM bass out there. Every now and again I get lucky ha. Anyone else on the GS bass fish Palestine??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never been but hear good things

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
        I will be on Joe Pool this Wednesday, anyone been on there lately. C-rig points will be my go to.

Never been but might look for some drop offs/pond dams and toss a crank bait / c-rig at them too

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Deer can wait [emoji23] so torn between time at the lease and fishing these days!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Fished Lake Palestine this weekend with a buddy. Caught 8 Saturday afternoon fishing T Rigs and crank baits on drop offs. Not much size. Sunday morning was much slower. My parents have a place there and I’ve just recently been trying to figure out how to catch the LM bass out there. Every now and again I get lucky ha. Anyone else on the GS bass fish Palestine??

Palestine is well known (a lot like Livingston except WAAAAAY bigger fish) to be a shallow water fishery. You will rarely hear of a tournament winning stringer coming from deeper than 10’. Shallow doesn’t necessarily mean beating the bank though. There’s some outstanding off shore fishing on that lake with lots of old road beds, hard spots, channel swings, rock piles, gravel bars, mid depth brush etc. There’s a handful of guys that win there often that just run as many boat docks as they can on the south end. The better juice is mid lake and up the river. Old Folks, Kickapoo, Ledbetter, Flat Creek etc. There’ll usually be quite a bit of pressure there, but that’s because that’s where the fish live. Magnum shaky heads, 1/2oz football or hybrid jigs, 10” worms, frogs, spooks, C10 style crabkbaits are always winners there. Shad and Bluegill patterns always do well.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
              Palestine is well known (a lot like Livingston except WAAAAAY bigger fish) to be a shallow water fishery. You will rarely hear of a tournament winning stringer coming from deeper than 10’. Shallow doesn’t necessarily mean beating the bank though. There’s some outstanding off shore fishing on that lake with lots of old road beds, hard spots, channel swings, rock piles, gravel bars, mid depth brush etc. There’s a handful of guys that win there often that just run as many boat docks as they can on the south end. The better juice is mid lake and up the river. Old Folks, Kickapoo, Ledbetter, Flat Creek etc. There’ll usually be quite a bit of pressure there, but that’s because that’s where the fish live. Magnum shaky heads, 1/2oz football or hybrid jigs, 10” worms, frogs, spooks, C10 style crabkbaits are always winners there. Shad and Bluegill patterns always do well.

Thanks for the info! This is good stuff. I do most of my fishing mid lake and south. My parents place is on Saline Bay so I usually don’t venture up north too much. It can be quite a haul.

I’ve definitely hammered my fair share of boat docks out there ha. Seems like I only catch the small ones around boat docks but have heard of people pulling out some size from underneath the docks.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Comment

Just got back from South Africa. Wouldn't you know it? They have bassin' over there too. Showed my PH my Skeeter and he drooled.

Comment

Caught a few more whites this last weekend.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Any chance some of you live near Angleton or lake Jackson and could bring me a few to restock my new stock tanks,, just bought this place and had to call out Danbury fish farm and rotenone the ponds we were infested with mud cats. It’s a catch and release pond, FYI,

Comment

I live on Palestine. Moved here in 2014. It's a great lake. Good bass fishing. Also good crappie, sand bass, and hybrid striper. And full of channel cat.

Comment

Bass were chewing pretty good at Lavon today. Caught'em flipping bushes and yanking them out of sunken brush piles.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            Bass were chewing pretty good at Lavon today. Caught'em flipping bushes and yanking them out of sunken brush piles.

Man I need to get on a good flipping bite this year that’s one thing I have not done yet this year.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Big ole spotted bass out of lake Alan Henry back in March. I still haven’t really figured that lake out, but I stumble on a descent one from time to time

Comment

Heck ya that’s a good’un

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X