No announcement yet.

2019 Bass Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I fish! Blackened bass tacos and homemade chuys salsa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s what I’m talking about Flex!

No boat for me this weekend for sure so looks like I’m stuck pond fishing.

Anyone else going??

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Neighborhood lake in Dripping Springs. Nice way to start out daybreak on the 4th!

Comment

Day one down here at falcon was a dud

Caught 7 fish and Had probably 14 pounds. Tacked on 10-12 whites also.

Hopefully mañana is better

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Day one down here at falcon was a dud

Caught 7 fish and Had probably 14 pounds. Tacked on 10-12 whites also.

Hopefully mañana is better

Man at least you’re catching them.

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
            Neighborhood lake in Dripping Springs. Nice way to start out daybreak on the 4th!

Need a like button for that post! Nice one!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              Gotta have GOOD electronics man otherwise you are peeing in the wind. Plan to spend plenty of time floating around looking for structure, humps, grass etc.

Sierracharlie out…
              It certainly helps to have good electronics but a lot of us were catching off shore fish way before color 2D sonar was even a thing. A good map weather it be electronic or paper is definitely a huge help. In the last few years I have found myself skipping over fish because I didn't see them on my side scan or down scan. When they pull close to bottom or tight to cover/ structure you won't see them on the graph. Ironically enough, when they set up like that they're the easiest they'll ever be to catch.

The best advice I can give for fishing off shore is limit your bait selection. Get you a 3/4oz 6th Sense Hybrid Jig in some sort of green pumpkin type color and a trailer that matches like the V&M J Bug or Wild Craw, Good Ol Carolina Rig 1oz Tg weight, 3-4' leader, 4/0 Owner EWG and a V&M Swamp Hawg or Pork Shad 2.0 in Gleason's Candy, and a 6th Sense Cloud 9 crankbait in whatever size that best matches the depth you're trying to fish. If those set ups won't catch them, they simply aren't there. You can go to any lake in Texas and just run main lake points that you can visually see and catch fish from April to October IF THEY ARE THERE. Everyone these days tries to force the off shore deal because it makes them feel cool to be sitting in the middle of that lake. They don't always live out there. Us tournament guys do a pretty good job of telling everyone on stage that we caught them way off shore on this special secret spot that we found but I'd venture to say that 80% of the tournaments on Sam Rayburn are won in less than 15' of water.

Comment

Caught this one on the 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post

Nice one! How much did she weigh?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn’t have a scale, guessing around 5

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                      It certainly helps to have good electronics but a lot of us were catching off shore fish way before color 2D sonar was even a thing. A good map weather it be electronic or paper is definitely a huge help. In the last few years I have found myself skipping over fish because I didn't see them on my side scan or down scan. When they pull close to bottom or tight to cover/ structure you won't see them on the graph. Ironically enough, when they set up like that they're the easiest they'll ever be to catch.

The best advice I can give for fishing off shore is limit your bait selection. Get you a 3/4oz 6th Sense Hybrid Jig in some sort of green pumpkin type color and a trailer that matches like the V&M J Bug or Wild Craw, Good Ol Carolina Rig 1oz Tg weight, 3-4' leader, 4/0 Owner EWG and a V&M Swamp Hawg or Pork Shad 2.0 in Gleason's Candy, and a 6th Sense Cloud 9 crankbait in whatever size that best matches the depth you're trying to fish. If those set ups won't catch them, they simply aren't there. You can go to any lake in Texas and just run main lake points that you can visually see and catch fish from April to October IF THEY ARE THERE. Everyone these days tries to force the off shore deal because it makes them feel cool to be sitting in the middle of that lake. They don't always live out there. Us tournament guys do a pretty good job of telling everyone on stage that we caught them way off shore on this special secret spot that we found but I'd venture to say that 80% of the tournaments on Sam Rayburn are won in less than 15' of water.
                      Solid advice ^^^^.

Add a Smashtech bubble fry in Chartreuse pepper to your Carolina arsenal. Try a 1/2 TX Rig 10" or greater worm in some type of plum color.

A 5/8oz shaky head with larger worm also works.

Comment

Nice one!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Another slow day.
                          Maybe 12-15 black bass with the biggest being 5.12 and 4.8

Limited out on whites though

Comment

Caught my personal best this morning.
                            8.5 pounds

Comment

Caught my personal best this morning.
                              8.5 pounds

Very nice! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk