California Vacation-suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hkmp5s View Post
    I go to the Catalina wine mixer every year. Saw a great 80's Billy Joel cover band there.
    I told you! We only do 80’s Billy Joel!

Comment

I used to live in Hermosa Beach and the South Bay is a great place to go. Up in LA check out the Getty it’s worth it. Malibu is okay but too much traffic for me. If you’re there for an AVP event definitely go, they’re a ton of fun. Stop by hunting beach on your way between SD and LA. Lots of good places to eat all over. In SD get some asada fries and lots of great places to get fish

In SD Scripps is a great place with a cool aquarium

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        I used to live in Hermosa Beach and the South Bay is a great place to go. Up in LA check out the Getty it’s worth it. Malibu is okay but too much traffic for me. If you’re there for an AVP event definitely go, they’re a ton of fun. Stop by hunting beach on your way between SD and LA. Lots of good places to eat all over. In SD get some asada fries and lots of great places to get fish

In SD Scripps is a great place with a cool aquarium
        Haha I used to always run up to the green store in hermosa and buy microwave burritos when I was surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
          Haha I used to always run up to the green store in hermosa and buy microwave burritos when I was surfing.
          It’s still there! I had too much fun when I lived there between Barnacles, Sharkeys, the blues bar i can’t remember the name of and Hennessy’s

None I would recommend to the OP for a family time, except Hennessy’s at lunch is good

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            I don't want to visit Houston either. Lol.

It's actally way worse. There is nothing in Houston like the shanty towns. Nothing comparable to Hollywood either. However. The beach cities are far nicer than Galveston.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Lol, I was comparing the traffic to Houston. Yes there are "different" areas than Houston but I would rather spend a week in LA than a day in Houston and I grew up in Houston. I am in LA a couple of times a month for work. There is plenty of stuff to avoid but as a tourist there is plenty of cool stuff to see to more than occupy a couple of days while avoiding the bad stuff

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              It’s still there! I had too much fun when I lived there between Barnacles, Sharkeys, the blues bar i can’t remember the name of and Hennessy’s

None I would recommend to the OP for a family time, except Hennessy’s at lunch is good
              Ha oh I spent some time at Hennessy’s

Comment

Did Hollywood today. Walk of fame was anticlimactic other than I did wipe the spit off President Trumps Star. There was a homeless lady w no pants(naked from waist down)passed out on the street. Ate supper on Santa Monica pier. Saw a few things I can’t unsee. Methhead running around w his behind hanging out masturbating a big walking stick. Lots of folks who didn’t speak English and I’m not talking about Spanish speakers. Dutch, German, Russian to name a few. Did make it in the ESPN highlights when Trout hosed Muncy at home plate during Dodgers game. We sat in the left field bleachers. Been a good trip so far. My sons met some YouTube guy that is apparently famous and they were thrilled. Headed to an Angels game tomorrow then to San Diego for a few days.

Comment

Check out John Wayne gravesite, always wanted to see it

Comment

I was in La Jolla over the weekend and it was packed, as was Pacific Beach. Del Mar and Torrey Pines was less crowded.

Comment

aircraft carrier is cool in SD. Also head over to the Del and watch the Seals train. It worth the watch

Comment

It’s the opposite direction you’re heading but if you have time during your trip hit the Reagan Library. I think I forgot to suggest it and it’s really cool. Even my 19yo nephew enjoyed it
                        The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation provides education, scholarships, exhibits, events, and media related to the lives of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

Comment

I would not spend one Dollar in that commy STATE. they will never see my Texas butt there ever again

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                            Lol, I was comparing the traffic to Houston. Yes there are "different" areas than Houston but I would rather spend a week in LA than a day in Houston and I grew up in Houston. I am in LA a couple of times a month for work. There is plenty of stuff to avoid but as a tourist there is plenty of cool stuff to see to more than occupy a couple of days while avoiding the bad stuff
                            I'm betting you are in the minority on this site. Lol.

See the above comment.

I don't like Houston but I'll take it all day over that liberal ****hole. Lol. I like straws and guns. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X