X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
    ND & Oregon over rated.

Even as an Aggie fan I'd say they are too high, too many unknowns on D - but this year will tell us a lot with 7 of the top 25 are on the schedule. 8-4 would be disappointing for me personally, 9-3 would be nice, beat at least 1 of the current top 4. 10-2 would be a dream come true for this year. I think 2020 will be a better year. The schedule gets easier and Jimbo's first recruiting class will have some experience.

Texas under rated like you said.

Tennessee MAY be #15, but how could anybody know that right now? Wild arse guess.

I agree with you an 8-4 season would be a negative especially if Texas and near by schools have 9-10+ wins and bowl games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      No, but just landed one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Correct.

Just the other day when a coach landed his first verbal for 2021 he was annointed the greatest recruiter ever by CNN. Texas already had one that was ranked higher. Now this second one will widen the gap.

I know it means nothing at this point, it's just comical.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        I agree with you an 8-4 season would be a negative especially if Texas and near by schools have 9-10+ wins and bowl games.

I wouldn't call it 'negative' necessarily, assuming the losses are all to what are assumed at this point top 5 +/- schools,....just personally disappointing. I WANT the Ags to go 12-0, but with the meat grinder schedule and relatively new coach getting things pointed in the right direction I'd like to see TAMU pull off at least one W against a team that wasn't expected. Winning in one of the three against Clemson, GA and Alabama and then pulling of another W against your Tigers would be a pretty good season, IMHO.

50 Days

59 days until TAMU goes to S Carolina to BTHO Clemson.
        Last edited by flatlander; 07-09-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

2019 College Football - Summer News and Discussion

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
          I wouldn't call it 'negative' necessarily, assuming the losses are all to what are assumed at this point top 5 +/- schools,....just personally disappointing. I WANT the Ags to go 12-0, but with the meat grinder schedule and relatively new coach getting things pointed in the right direction I'd like to see TAMU pull off at least one W against a team that wasn't expected. Winning in one of the three against Clemson, GA and Alabama and then pulling of another W against your Tigers would be a pretty good season, IMHO.

50 Days

59 days until TAMU goes to S Carolina to BTHO Clemson.

I’d say ags need to go 9-3 to carry any sort of momentum into recruiting etc they win 10+ they’ll be a force to reckon with come recruit time for everyone... but please believe another year of 8-4 and no bowls would be a hard hill to climb. Ags are def a wild card as long as Jim is there he carries enough clout an respect to not be taken lightly so they very well could steal a couple away. We’re closing in to getting some of these questions answered!!

Comment

Wait, this Aggy team with Mond under center is going to have wins in both Death Valleys?

I like your way of thinking.

If that's possible Texas can certainly win the Big 12 and make the playoff with Sam under center.

If the Ags can beat Clemson then....

**** boy I'm ready.

Comment

Kennedy Brooks still a Sooner?

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                I’d say ags need to go 9-3 to carry any sort of momentum into recruiting etc they win 10+ they’ll be a force to reckon with come recruit time for everyone... but please believe another year of 8-4 and no bowls would be a hard hill to climb. Ags are def a wild card as long as Jim is there he carries enough clout an respect to not be taken lightly so they very well could steal a couple away. We’re closing in to getting some of these questions answered!!

I can agree. There needs to be a win on the books against a legit playoff team for the Ags to keep building. Good post.

Comment

The W against Clemson had a smiley face on it. That's a tough hill to climb but early in the season with Clemson replacing their front four and the relief guy gives the TAMU offense a chance. Keeping Trevor Lawrence from putting up 50 will be the trick.

Comment

My whole post was a smiley face.

You never know though.

Comment

This is a conversation i had with a good aggie buddy of mine. I stated the same as above, that A&M needs to go 9-3 to show that things are going the way people are wanting. Told him 8-4 is just another "aggie" year. He agreed but also said he would still be ok with 8-4 as long as they won whatever bowl they went to. My next question was this... What happens if A&M goes 7-5? Because we all know Mississippi St. and Auburn have been 50/50 games for the ags. So to the green screen and die hard ags my question is what are your thoughts about Jimbo and the program if 7-5 did happen this year?

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                        this is a conversation i had with a good aggie buddy of mine. I stated the same as above, that a&m needs to go 9-3 to show that things are going the way people are wanting. Told him 8-4 is just another "aggie" year. He agreed but also said he would still be ok with 8-4 as long as they won whatever bowl they went to. My next question was this... What happens if a&m goes 7-5? Because we all know mississippi st. And auburn have been 50/50 games for the ags. So to the green screen and die hard ags my question is what are your thoughts about jimbo and the program if 7-5 did happen this year?
                        10-2

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                          This is a conversation i had with a good aggie buddy of mine. I stated the same as above, that A&M needs to go 9-3 to show that things are going the way people are wanting. Told him 8-4 is just another "aggie" year. He agreed but also said he would still be ok with 8-4 as long as they won whatever bowl they went to. My next question was this... What happens if A&M goes 7-5? Because we all know Mississippi St. and Auburn have been 50/50 games for the ags. So to the green screen and die hard ags my question is what are your thoughts about Jimbo and the program if 7-5 did happen this year?
                          If they go 7-5, they go 7-5....if they go 15-0, they go 15-0.....we as alumni and fans have no bearing on that, what so ever.

Comment

It's only year two. It's gonna take awhile. The schedule is tough but it also has the usual gimme games.

7-5 or 8-4 will not dictate what the future holds.

Comment

2019 College Football - Summer News and Discussion

I think 9-3 is a possibility. I like our Dline controlling the line of scrimmage and Mond should take another big step. Jimbo is hinting that he (Mond) should have a big year. I’m gonna drink the Koolaid and say we beat 2 of the big 4 on our schedule and drop a game we should have won on paper like a Miss St or Auburn or Ole Miss. GigEm and BTHOof8-4

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                Kennedy Brooks still a Sooner?

Appears to be on the team, but not with the team. No clue.

Comment

Working...
                                X