Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019 F150 3.5 ecoboost max tow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    I think you got your answer - on my 4th half ton eco boost - tow a 7 lb boat and 11 lb trailer with zero issues. When not towing you will love the gas mileage - I get 22-23 on hwy
    What kind of mileage do you get towing the boat?

Comment

Thanks guys, going to the dealer on Friday, about to get this deal done.

Comment

I went with EcoBoost max tow package from f450. Just remember when you have a heavy load, you will not have the luxury when a blowout happens. The heavy load will take over...

Comment

Like other said the eco will tow it with the power, but suspension is the weak area. I had a 14 eco and bought a 36ft camper and nearly 10k pounds. power was not a issue but suspension was and on windy days was a bear. Upgraded to a power stoke 250 and don’t even think about it. Just depend on how much peace of mine is worth to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            For 5 tows and trip is 70 miles, why spend $4800 a year multiple by the years. Trust me, I tried to justify buying a diesel but ended up back in a Tundra and tow 15 plus times a year dragging my mule 600 miles a weekend.
            Because personally my life and family and friends are worth more to me then $4800 a year. Thus why I said personally. I put 25-30k miles a years on my truck so I look at things a little differently. Now I’m not saying I would buy a 3/4 to haul a mule but I might just for road safety

For reference It takes a 60’ish HP cab w/ loader to break 9k (non-filled tires, no trailer etc). When things go wrong and they eventually will I want more mass underme then less.
            Last edited by Texans42; 06-19-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X