No announcement yet.

Quepos, Costa Rica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife runs our logistics department, flights were way more than in past years. She ended up getting a better deal doing one way tickets versus round trip. Still werent super cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      The Jolly Roger has already been added to our list for our trip to Dominical later this summer.
      Yes it is a must if you are in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        That's better than the 1200 we've seen out of bush.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        You just have to watch it close. They run better deals from time to time and if you can time your departure and return right you can get better fares sometimes too. I think we usually are between $500 and $600 round trip. I have only flown out of Hobby though. And then you have to either book a flight, rent a car or book a shuttle from SJ to Quepos. So far we have always done the shuttle but i don't think it costs that much to do the charter flight from SJ to Quepos and it would shave off a ton of travel time and headache. I want to say maybe $100 a head each way when I looked at it a few months ago. The dadgum shuttle ride from SJ to Quepos wasn't very cheap and it's like a 2.5 to 3 hour ride if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
          You just have to watch it close. They run better deals from time to time and if you can time your departure and return right you can get better fares sometimes too. I think we usually are between $500 and $600 round trip. I have only flown out of Hobby though. And then you have to either book a flight, rent a car or book a shuttle from SJ to Quepos. So far we have always done the shuttle but i don't think it costs that much to do the charter flight from SJ to Quepos and it would shave off a ton of travel time and headache. I want to say maybe $100 a head each way when I looked at it a few months ago. The dadgum shuttle ride from SJ to Quepos wasn't very cheap and it's like a 2.5 to 3 hour ride if I remember right.
          Once the Mrs and I get ready I'll have to call you

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep that looks like the boat we were on, didn’t know John was looking to sell. Hopefully his operation keeps running like it does under the new management. Those guys fish hard and well

Comment

We are going to go ahead and pull the plug on our weekend trip.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                I am pretty sure you were on the Stress Reeliever, show below. Had some great trips fishing with John and Wisenstine on that same boat.

I reached out to John about upcoming trip. John is telling me he sold the business, I am dealing with an ANdy Couch. Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with him.
                I hate to hear that. I knew he was trying to sell it. I hope things stay the same or similar, John's prices were very good for what you got IMO.
                I just fished last week on the Stress Reeliever 2 with Tony and Joshua. I didn't know John, but dealing with Andy was the easiest thing and we caught some nice Sailfish. $850 for an all day trip. Andy is a Texan from LaPorte, I believe. Super nice guy. Great boats. Great Captains. Great deck hands. Had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                  https://ticotimes.net/2020/03/16/cos...-non-residents

We are going to go ahead and pull the plug on our weekend trip.
                  This is not good. Hope it gets straightened out before July.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    I just fished last week on the Stress Reeliever 2 with Tony and Joshua. I didn't know John, but dealing with Andy was the easiest thing and we caught some nice Sailfish. $850 for an all day trip. Andy is a Texan from LaPorte, I believe. Super nice guy. Great boats. Great Captains. Great deck hands. Had a great time.
                    That is good to hear. John is a good guy but disorganized. Maybe that part will actually be better. Other than that sounds like business as usual.

Comment

That is good to hear. John is a good guy but disorganized. Maybe that part will actually be better. Other than that sounds like business as usual.
                      Andrew (Andy) was super organized. If I emailed a question, I had an email back in literally minutes. PayPaled my deposit to him and met him on the dock with the balance. He introduced us to our captain and crew and when we came back in, he was at the dock to tie off the boat and ask all about our trip. I'd definitely book with him again.

Comment

Working...
                      X