X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel if this was asked 10 year's ago it would have been scb

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Have him look at the Egret line too. As quality as you will find.

I would love a 2011 but I don't think that is the style he's looking for based on your description.

Love my Scout and it is a top tier brand too. Definitely don't rule them out without stepping aboard one.

Fun problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
        Sabine/ Galveston is where it will be.

Then you don’t really need skinny

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
          They aren’t 100% perfect for every application, no boat is. But it covers a pretty dang large portion that the OP asked about
          So you've fished one quite a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
            How many of you recommending the X3 have fished out of one? Do y'all like how it handles or are you just saying it is the boat to get based on watching an internet video and looking at it at the boat show?

When I see them running in person it looks like they run like a barge. I don't think I could get it around some of the curves I run into some of the back lakes I fish.

I run one and would say it maneuvers well when turning, it is definitely not a fast boat as it does push quite a bit of water. It is extremely dry and will blow you away at how skinny that big of a boat will run as well as pop up in. I fish everything from 9 Mile Hole to Offshore on decent days. I would recommend the dual 60 gallon tanks as she does get mighty thirsty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Checkout Catalyst Boat Works, 26' cat style bay boat weighs about 1700lbs, runs skinny, and handles chop great, very dry, storage for days, and huge deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                So you've fished one quite a bit?
                I do not own one, nor have I fished anything “quite a bit” in far too long due to work and lack of time to get to the lake a 1/4 mile from the house, much less down to the coast. I have however been on one, and was surprised at the ride and versatility of it, it exceeded my expectations to say the least

Now that being said, look below your last post and read SM69’s post. I would venture he can answer your questions better than I can, should you have any more that you need to ask I haven’t been on every make there is, therefore I will now refrain from having an opinion on the matter

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post
                  I run one and would say it maneuvers well when turning, it is definitely not a fast boat as it does push quite a bit of water. It is extremely dry and will blow you away at how skinny that big of a boat will run as well as pop up in. I fish everything from 9 Mile Hole to Offshore on decent days. I would recommend the dual 60 gallon tanks as she does get mighty thirsty!

That's one pretty boat

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgHntr View Post
                    Checkout Catalyst Boat Works, 26' cat style bay boat weighs about 1700lbs, runs skinny, and handles chop great, very dry, storage for days, and huge deck.
                    Friend of mine who guides in POC has one. I think its been back to the builder twice. First the motor hit the transom and wouldn't allow full turn. Then there was an issue with the transom from the merc 400 torque and they had to rebuild it.

But he says it rides well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

If money is not a factor then:
                      Yellowfin 24 Bay
                      Sportsman 247
                      Pathfinder 26 HPS, 26 TRS, 25 Hybrid
                      Bluewave 28 Pure Hybrid, 24 Purebay
                      Turner 2410
                      The Avenger 26 is good looking boat as well.

And if you have not seen American Aluminum boat out of La. Boat for a lifetime $$$

Comment

For what you describe I'd have to agree with the Shallowsport X3. It will do it all; skinny water, rough water run offshore.

That picture of the blue X3 in the picture is Chad Kinney's boat out of Port Mansfield but I think he has a different one now. He runs offshore in his all the time for snapper etc., then can fish the shallow flats for trout and reds.

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post

With the research he's done, he may combat the poor gas mileage with a bigger motor. He talked to some guys, and they say if you put the 350 on there he does quite a bit better on the gas. That 250 sho is a beast, but it sucks the gas on that big of a boat.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

El Pescador 24 cat

Comment

If money doesn’t matter I’d buy a Costa Customs 264 hybrid catamaran. I have a sea hunt bx22 and I really like it. We took it 53 miles out of Packery last month.

Comment

Working...
                                X