No announcement yet.

wild pig 'issue' questionaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the survey via email last week and completed as well.
    The survey appeared to be trying to gauge perception of the current hog population in the state. I personally lean towards eradication or at least a more sufficient way to slow the population growth. That said, the potential risk would have to be very low and everything backed by sound research.

Comment

Received it today.

Made it very clear on NO poison

Comment

I did the survey as well last week. Not a fan of poison.

Comment

I finally got around to filling it out. I think most with any experience with wild pigs - whether just a lease hunter like me or a guy making a living off his land - understands complete eradication is not possible. The best we can do is make it easier to put a noticeable dent in the population. I don’t know how realistic it is to think increased hunting will help much though. There are hundreds of thousands of acres where they get no pressure at all. Even with all the research/testing they might do, I am leery of poisoning

Comment

I would be all in for poison if it didn’t affect any other wildlife.

Kill them all by any means.

Comment

I completed mine yesterday and not for poising either. Took about 6 minutes or so take.

Comment

pigs

I am wholly against poisoning... that said, my 'work' has a 1200 pasture surrounded by a couple thousand acres of creek bottom/woods. no hunting allowed.... it was nothing to see 100 pigs in 3 groups at one time. my co. hired a hog trapper who built very large pens with a feeder inside.. remote switch/gate.. after a week or so, 30-50 pigs would just lay in the pen waiting for the corn to be thrown.. he got every single one.. only saw 3 or 4 pigs in the last 2 years. he must have been paid well, b/c the pen set up/feeder/etc are still there and idle for 2 yrs. I wouldn't have believed it, if I didn't see it w/my own i's

Comment

Originally posted by TTUgrad08 View Post
                  I got the survey via email last week and completed as well.
                  The survey appeared to be trying to gauge perception of the current hog population in the state. I personally lean towards eradication or at least a more sufficient way to slow the population growth. That said, the potential risk would have to be very low and everything backed by sound research.

I dont think poisoning will ever have a low risk. Im against it 100%. If they want to help, they need to start hiring folks to trap/shoot them. No way poisoning could ever “just affect” swine the way they present it. Or thats my opinion at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The destruction of property I see them destroying around my county (including mine on occasion) makes me say poison them. Then I think of growing up around here and when wildlife wasn’t as abundant as it is now and it puts me on the fence. No way these guys can predict how it will effect nature imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X