Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Please contact your senators to oppose the the new ATF nomination:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vurtle View Post
    I believe Trump is a friend of the NRA, and the NRA is not much of a friend of the 2nd Amendment. They show up to support weak watered down bills in the Texas Legislature. GOA and Texas Gun Rights seem to be the ones leading the fight for Constitutional Carry and other true 2nd Amendment rights. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump go after suppressors after the next election. Reagan wasn't much different. They make some great 2A quotes, but their quotes don't tend to reflect what they do.
    NRA is way too political & they do throw the baby out with the bathwater, but played a major roll with the DC & Chicago rulings that are now precedent. I cannot state how much influence & $$$$ they spent on these two battles. If anyone is going to spend their $$$ for the fight then send it only to NRA-ILA branch & of course GOA.

I would be willing to wager Trump is going to walk back any anti-suppressor chatter if the conversation even continues...it's my hope that he is uneducated & ignorant on them & once he has all the 411 that they are a non issue in regards to public safety. The bump-stock deal was beyond stupid & glad to see it being fought in the courts. Personally, I think they are worthless & really don't care for them one way or another in regards to their availability but it's the principal & sad they made it a scapegoat due to vegas. It's just wrong to turn a piece of plastic into an automatic firearm overnight making all owners felons & hope we win.

Anyway, my main concern lies with finding the truth behind this ATF nomination & was hoping to get some good followup on that now deleted thread & hope more 411 surfaces. I understand many do not care for ATF in general, but all the inspecting agents I deal with being an FFL have simply been fantastic. Remember, it was a low tier ATF agent that blew up the Fast & Furious scandal with the top shelf guys at that time being the problem along with the Obama admin. Sorta like what is happening within the FBI today. The rank & file guys are for most part I assume to be solid patriots & just the brass that is going to give the org any bad name/rap.

Hoping more 411 comes out about this nomination & certainly wasn't my intent to bad mouth him inaccurately...we most certainly do not need the head to have genuine feelings as are being reported. Again, any new info that you guys run across & his pending appointment would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Artos; 06-05-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Doesn't make sense for him to restrict means when he's opening up the where

Comment

Working...
      X