No announcement yet.

Hard to argue with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we have people that think they make the rules and determine what "hunting" is. True experts. The be all end all voice of hunting.

People that make up their own definitions.

Imo some of y'all are getting far too worked up over something that is a rare occurrence. Most HF ranches are huge. The fence does not make the deer tame. Y'all act as if you can go to a place that has bucks in pens and just pick one out and shoot it. That's not how it works. Those deer or their offspring are sold to ranch owners and released IN THE WILD.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Y'all act as if you can go to a place that has bucks in pens and just pick one out and shoot it. That's not how it works.
      I used to work with a guy in super tight with the 700 Springs crew, that's pretty much exactly how it worked in a lot of cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        I used to work with a guy in super tight with the 700 Springs crew, that's pretty much exactly how it worked in a lot of cases.
        So when LLano and San Saba are packed with hunters opeining weekend that's what they are all doing? Half of them? I doubt it. As has been stated maybe 1/2 of 1%.

Comment

So when LLano and San Saba are packed with hunters opeining weekend that's what they are all doing? Half of them? I doubt it. As has been stated maybe 1/2 of 1%.

Enough folks are shooting darted and released petting zoo freaks to make it a high dollar industry.

Comment

I agree with most of that, but I really don't care how people want to kill their livestock.

Comment

Yup 1/2 of 1% shoot em like that.....and another 1/2 of 1% hunts them in loincloths using a cedar bow and sinew for string....and they each weenie sword fight each other over who the better hunters are while the rest of us go have a good time in camp and kill **** not giving a **** what the sword fighters think..

Comment

Of the tens of thousands of deer killed in Texas I would bet less than 1% are pen shot deer. Like I mentioned above I am just not that mad at them anymore. I get more enjoyment watching Riley and trying to put her on a deer. I was at the ranch almost every weekend during deer season (MLD) and I only hunted 3 times but I did fish everytime.

Comment

So we have people that think they make the rules and determine what "hunting" is. True experts. The be all end all voice of hunting.

People that make up their own definitions.

Imo some of y'all are getting far too worked up over something that is a rare occurrence. Most HF ranches are huge. The fence does not make the deer tame. Y'all act as if you can go to a place that has bucks in pens and just pick one out and shoot it. That's not how it works. Those deer or their offspring are sold to ranch owners and released IN THE WILD.
                  Nothing expert about it. Feel if the type killers mentioned have the luxury to give there opinion and call what they do hunting. I should be afforded the same privledge and be able to say It is not even close to resembling anything remotely close to hunting. Would also say letting a deer out of one cage and releasing it into a bigger cage is not exactly Into the WILD. Just my opinion of course. But have always felt if u can trap game in the corner of a fence it's probably not what most consider Wild.

Just my thoughts here but if a guy goes hunting on a non confined place that buck might be there and he might not. Pressure him to much and poof! Now let's place a fence around the same example. U know right away the buck is home, u can hunt like a idiot and it makes no diff he ain't going anywhere. Sleep in, get the wind in your face and go stomping through bedding areas. They will be back the next day. Why? Because they have nowhere else to go.

Comment

I’m 48. My dad took me deer hunting on our lease in between San Angelo and Abilene when I was 6. IIRC, Shot my first deer at 10? I seem to recall that our 1200 acre lease was $100 a person. Tons of deer. I remember seeing herds of 20-30 deer all the time. The last time I hunted that lease was 15 years ago. In one sit, I saw 20-30 deer and took a nice 120 buck. Best buck I ever shot, it was amazing.

Fast forward to two years ago. Harvested my most favorite deer...which happened on my 55 acres. I shot a doe with my Hoyt...it only took me 5 years to make it happen. 38 years later, I got that first deer feeling again.

Only three deer have been taken on my place...and I harvested the third one. Yes, I let two other guys take a deer before me. Some people found that a bit amazing as they thought I would want to be the first. It didn’t really matter to me...pretty sure 1000s of deer have been taken there throughout the centuries. Personally, I enjoyed seeing others get their first deer.

In a couple of years, my 7 year old son will take his first deer...he’s gonna have to work for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      Those deer look terrible, very unhealthy.

The rooster looks pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt to to have fun with my family.
                        They like hunting, shooting, and eating what they shoot.
                        Got lots of threads of our hunting adventures on tbh.
                        I Do not give a rats *** what some one else deems hunting is or is not or their likes or dislikes.
                        Not a week goes by in our busy baseball, competition cheer, and church world that my kids dont ask when are we going hunting again?
                        So no.. hunting isnt going to die no matter how hard someone that doesnt like how its being done wants it to ,so they can make some sillyass judgement on how others do it on the internet.

Comment

One of the reasons we moved to Southeast Iowa.....not the only reason but pretty high on the list.

Hunting here is like hunting used to be. No high fences, no feeders to endlessly watch, plenty of public ground with little pressure. The deer act text book up here. They respond to grunt calls, they respond to rattling, they respond to decoys.

The Iowa DNR for the most part does things right. They know what kind of resource they have and they protect it.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                            One of the reasons we moved to Southeast Iowa.....not the only reason but pretty high on the list.

Hunting here is like hunting used to be. No high fences, no feeders to endlessly watch, plenty of public ground with little pressure. The deer act text book up here. They respond to grunt calls, they respond to rattling, they respond to decoys.

The Iowa DNR for the most part does things right. They know what kind of resource they have and they protect it.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Iowa is nothing but one giant corn feeder. You need to go scold those guys up there that are pulling blinds out into corn fields right after the combines roll out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X