Best beach in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    What I saw at pins was miles and miles of trash. It was really sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Every beach in the world has garbage washing up , it’s a global problem
    Florida to , ( no dog in this hunt except its sad to see the trashy coast)

Comment

Yep, city beaches are maintained and therefore cleaner. They also have crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Very very true, I will take natural beauty over urban any day

Comment

I think last time we got in this discussion didn't you tell me you had never been to the beaches in the Florida panhandle?

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
            I think last time we got in this discussion didn't you tell me you had never been to the beaches in the Florida panhandle?

-john
            Correct. I want to. I know they have nice beaches. The OP was about Texas beaches. I mean, doesn't Hawaii have nice beaches? He asked about Texas. SPI is awesome as is PINS. I never mentioned Florida.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-03-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Spi!

Comment

The best beach is the one you’re sitting on with a cold drink in your hand.

Comment

Correct. I want to. I know they have nice beaches. The OP was about Texas beaches. I mean, doesn't Hawaii have nice beaches? He asked about Texas. SPI is awesome as is PINS. I never mentioned Florida.

I hear ya. He probably lives withing 15 miles of me. I mention FL because the drive is about the same as the one to SPI.

-john

Comment

Beaches as a whole, are way over-rated....sand is sand, saltwater for the most part is saltwater. I don’t like beaches, wife and son love them...we’re going for a week next month.[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No one said Galveston yet?

Comment

I hear ya. He probably lives withing 15 miles of me. I mention FL because the drive is about the same as the one to SPI.

-john
                        Yep probably just about a 1 1/2 hour difference

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          Very very true, I will take natural beauty over urban any day
                          What’s natural about a beach covered in discarded plastic? Lol

Comment

Nasty....nasty....NASTY!

32 miles south - where the pavement ends and the sand begins

Staring North - all to myself

Staring South

32 miles - Big Shell - Padre Island National Seashore

The crowds are brutal.....this other fella, David Bettiga.....he just pulled up with a surfboard and a beer.

RIP Billy Sandifer - This is rough and nasty surf. Pushing 4-6ft but, it's an experience and a cycle of the sea. Add a heavy sea with wind, they all churn.

Dale Moser - lower right - hates the beach. This trip, I don't think he can remember most of it?

But Dale's buddy Mike - loves the crap out of it!

Winds howling and rough as snot yet, she holds her own with the wind in her hair.

Port Mansfield jetties. Left is North Padre. Right is South Padre. Sitting dead center - nasty nasty nasty.
                            60 miles down the North side to this point. A few TBH'rs camped right here back in 2005 or 2006 - can't remember? When was it Dale......been along time.

I camped on the sand, a couple weeks after Hurricane Katrina. In 3 days, I watched 7 vehicles pass by. Camping in the Roaring 40s.

Snapped this image of the Menhaden migration with my waterproof camera in the PINS surf.

And this is what that Menhaden migration looks like, from the sand. Spot this scene, just haul ***** to the spot with any lure in the tackle box and fling...fling...FLING!

Look at that nasty water - Port Mansfield - Padre Island North side channel.

Low tide - those rocks hold Specks and Redfish during winter. During summer, add snook and mangrove snapper.

If your willing to hit the Middle Coast down PINS way, bring some shrimp fish bites and soak a line. Fight and eat better than Crappie.......let the kids play, Daddy fishes a bit and everyone has a good old time soaking toes in the sand. Take a small portable BBQ pit, filet a few of these or specks, whiting....what ever and make fish tacos on the sand then call it a day!

I hunt PINS for Florida Pompano.....and to me, it's all about the freedom to roll on the hunt till I find a pattern.

Comment

-john
                              My issue was with the guy saying Padre has bad water. As you can see from the live cams that's clearly not the case. I honestly don't think he means SPI....the city of. I think he was in Galveston.

Rob chimes back in with some pics. Looks good to me....and about 3 hours from home.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-03-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

My issue was with the guy saying Padre has bad water. As you can see from the live cams that's clearly not the case. I honestly don't think he means SPI....the city of. I think he was in Galveston.

Rob chimes back in with some pics. Looks good to me....and about 3 hours from home.

I didn't say the water was bad, I said it's not that great. It is pretty for Texas, but nothing like Florida. And when the wind kicks up it looks just like any other beach in Texas. I was down there three weeks ago and it looked the same as Surfside did yesterday. The upper coast can have pretty water also when it calms down.

Comment

Working...
                                X