No announcement yet.

Home ice machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of y’all with ice makers at home clean them regularly? I ask because I used to clean them when I worked for an A/C company, dang those things get nasty quick.
    Attached Files

Comment

Buy a chest freezer and fill it with ice. I thought about buying one many moons ago but thankfully came to my senses. I freeze a couple of big plastic soda water bottles and put them in the cooler the night before. Then buy a bag if I need one. Frozen soda bottles work well for traveling with food. They'll eventually melt but at least your food isn't soaking in water.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        Buy a chest freezer and fill it with ice. I thought about buying one many moons ago but thankfully came to my senses. I freeze a couple of big plastic soda water bottles and put them in the cooler the night before. Then buy a bag if I need one. Frozen soda bottles work well for traveling with food. They'll eventually melt but at least your food isn't soaking in water.
        Ive been seriously looking at one for weeks.. Glad I read this post..

If M-16 does have one or need one I dang sure don't need one....
        A big, high efficiency, chest freezer that is stocked and restocked with Bucees 20 lbers sounds like the route to go in the long run...

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
          Anything but kitchenaid

Ours has been bullet proof
          But we clean it regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When we were looking at a new ice machine, our refrigeration tech recommended the Hoshizaki brand as well.

Comment

one thing i miss about ma bell...... naa ice is pretty cheap lol

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                This ^^^^^ is what I do line the bottom of 120q cooler with frozen 2L bottles keeps 2-20 pound bags of ice will stay good for days.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                  How many of y’all with ice makers at home clean them regularly? I ask because I used to clean them when I worked for an A/C company, dang those things get nasty quick.

I do a serious deep clean twice a year. Other than that I just run the cleaner and change filters every couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                    Ours has been bullet proof
                    But we clean it regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Ours too! Almost 2 years in and not a single issue...I go through and do the cleaning at 6 month intervals... which honestly is really that that fun but also not hard, just time consuming if done correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X