No announcement yet.

tropical outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some readers may note that the National Hurricane Center has begun tracking an upper-level low pressure system over the eastern Gulf of Mexico (note, this is distinct from Tropical Storm Humberto).…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      I am hoping for a big, sloppy rain maker for us next week! We need the rain, but as is typical with these; it can be feast or famine.

Comment

A broad area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms continues to move westward across the Gulf of Mexico, and should push into the Texas coast late on Monday or early Tuesday, based upon present…

I’m no forecaster, but I’ve never seen tropical and forecast combined in Houston to only be 1” of rain. Can we expect the usual southeast TX feast or famine tropical downpours?

Comment

tropical outlook

https://spacecityweather.com/sunday-...-toward-texas/

I’m no forecaster, but I’ve never seen tropical and forecast combined in Houston to only be 1” of rain. Can we expect the usual southeast TX feast or famine tropical downpours?

Fingers crossed for famine. I can live with an inch. I’m right in that red area.

Comment

No one here seems interested but... forecast this morning is looking heavier for the Houston area.

The big weather story for our week will be a slow-moving tropical system pushing into Texas beginning late Monday, and bringing the potential for heavy rainfall from Tuesday through Thursday. It st…

Comment

No one here seems interested but... forecast this morning is looking heavier for the Houston area.

The big weather story for our week will be a slow-moving tropical system pushing into Texas beginning late Monday, and bringing the potential for heavy rainfall from Tuesday through Thursday. It st…

Been watching this thing the last few days, Im in the red area also and would love to get about 1-2 inches everyday the next 4 days, it’s dry as heck around here.

Comment

You could say the Euro model is projecting just a little bit of rain...

Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by antonlsu View Post
                  You could say the Euro model is projecting just a little bit of rain...

Yikes.

Just a bit. Saw that on storm2k. Nuts. I’m not well enough versed in models to comment but anxiously awaiting ccbluewater or Johnny to weigh in

Comment

Models definitely have gotten more aggressive over yesterday & last night. First the Canadian & ICON were showing some impressive rain fall totals, then the Euro jumped on board yesterday, and especially overnight. The GFS had been consistently not jumping on board, until overnight where it now it now is also starting to follow suit in showing some higher rain totals. Additionally, some models are spinning this up into a depression, or possibly even a Tropical Storm before fully coming ashore. Models really slam on the breaks once this all starts to hit the coast, and a lot of the higher totals are later in the week with Wednesday & Thursday being when the most impact is made. Problem with set ups like this, is these models are showing the potential for some very high rain totals, but knowing exactly where these amounts will be isn't known.

As you can see, lots of juice out there..

Comment

Added the Weather Prediction Center 5 Day QPF. This is a lot more reliable(but also more conservative) in my opinion than taking individual model predictions.

Comment

Wouldn’t be mad if some of that rain fell on Lavaca co. It’s getting real dry at our family place there.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                          Wouldn’t be mad if some of that rain fell on Lavaca co. It’s getting real dry at our family place there.

Just dont want to deal with the skeeters on opening weekend

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Been watching this thing the last few days, Im in the red area also and would love to get about 1-2 inches everyday the next 4 days, it’s dry as heck around here.

Same boat. But what are the odds we actually get what we need? I have a feeling its going to be more than we want. Its about that time of year to get a **** floater

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
                              Same boat. But what are the odds we actually get what we need? I have a feeling its going to be more than we want. Its about that time of year to get a **** floater
                              That's how I feel. I'd rather it not rain at all than flood.

Comment

It needs to go a bit further West!!

Comment

Working...
                                X