tropical outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
    These types of systems don't move in a straight line. This all along has pinwheeled or knuckle balled, and made cyclonic loops all the while moving in a overall general motion, albeit very slowly. Very common. That may be what they are referring too. I'll trust NOAA/WPC/SPC & NHC over Channel 13 however.

Regardless, it needs to move on!
    Alright Dr. Neil Frank, thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
      Nederland is flooded again. We had to leave the house at 4:30 this morning water ankle deep. Barely got wife’s truck started water in exhaust. I went to check it out earlier in my truck couldn’t get near the house water up to the doors. Looks worse than Harvey did. My house was built in the 50’s and never flooded until 2 years ago and today. We had just finished remodeling everything only to have to do it again.
      Really hate to hear this - prayers up for ya brotha

Comment

I’m stuck at work but this guy was parked outside my building. He’s a genius!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Water had receded a bit here, but it's pouring down again now... Sure wish my fancy weather station thing a mob had'nt crapped out... I know we've had at least 30" of rain since yesterday evening... We got 53.07" during the Harvey event, but that was over 2 1/2 days or so... Water is MUCH worse here now!! Cows are belly deep standing on the highest ground in my pasture... House is sitting on a tiny island that is about 5 or 6 feet bigger than the house... Barn has a foot or more of water in it...

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post

Yea, maybe but he sure carries his canoe anchors in a funny place!! (truknutz)...

Comment

Prayers for all affected. My house had nearly 2ft in it during Harvey and its getting close again. Lets all pray it ends soon!

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post

i was just thinking this picture and caption looks familiar. i'm assuming you posted that @lancezierlein on twitter. lol

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                  i was just thinking this picture and caption looks familiar. i'm assuming you posted that @lancezierlein on twitter. lol
                  I did.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Water had receded a bit here, but it's pouring down again now... Sure wish my fancy weather station thing a mob had'nt crapped out... I know we've had at least 30" of rain since yesterday evening... We got 53.07" during the Harvey event, but that was over 2 1/2 days or so... Water is MUCH worse here now!! Cows are belly deep standing on the highest ground in my pasture... House is sitting on a tiny island that is about 5 or 6 feet bigger than the house... Barn has a foot or more of water in it...
                    Prayers your house stays dry!!

Comment

All you guys in west Texas that said bring it on can shove it up your you-know-what. This **** is absolutely insane.

Comment

Left downtown about 11. Had to get the kiddo from daycare and stop at specs but got home about 20 min ago. 45 feeder was impassable or barely passable from just north or downtown to the beltway exit I took. Area has been getting rain since then as well. Glad I left when I did

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                          Left downtown about 11. Had to get the kiddo from daycare and stop at specs but got home about 20 min ago. 45 feeder was impassable or barely passable from just north or downtown to the beltway exit I took. Area has been getting rain since then as well. Glad I left when I did

How was the HOV?

Comment

tropical outlook

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                            How was the HOV?

Looked ok. I was on the mainlanes. One area had a few inches of water in the right two lanes and traffic was very slow all the way. Didn’t see anyone in the HOV and metro isnt running per the last text I got

Edit- HOV closed per email from my work crisis management committee

Last edited by TexasBob; 09-19-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              All you guys in west Texas that said bring it on can shove it up your you-know-what. This **** is absolutely insane.
                              News flash..those folks wishing for rain had nothing to do with the outcome. If they did, that storm would of headed towards San Antonio instead going to Houston.

Prayers for all that have been impacted.

Comment

Folks on the North Freeway, or north side of town in general, Gallery Furniture is offering free shelter yet again. Glad to have someone like Mattress Mack in Houston.

Comment

Working...
                                X