Polaris Ranger vs Can Am Defender vs Mule Pro

I tried the search function and will continue to try but in the meantime,

Polaris Ranger vs Can Am Defender vs Mule Pro

I know the Mule is dependable, at least the 610s are

Looking for a 6 seater, ground clearance important

For me, this will be used for work and hunting
    For the wife, this is a joyride to look nice and ride comfortable

I'd honestly test drive all three.

We have a ranger crew- Is our 3rd one and it's great. Kinda loud but otherwise great.

Neighbor at the lake has a mule and it's nice. Doesn't feel as fast/fun as our ranger but he has no complaints. Seems to be a quieter than our ranger.

CanAm. I have a buddy with one of the High Zoot Crew Cab ones. And man it's super nice and fun to drive. He barely uses it so I can't speak for longevity but it sure is fancy.

I'd be fine owning any of the 3.

Comment

I’m in the same search as you are. I have had a brand new Polaris ATV leave me stranded and sold it immediately to buy a yamaha ATV. As the kiddos are getting older I am looking at getting a UTV. I am torn between the Kawasaki Mule FXR and Can Am defender HD8.

After doing some research leaning towards the Mule FXR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I found one thread titled 'Best side by side' and mixed reviews of course, but it brought to my attention the honda pioneer. I do like Honda ATV's.

Comment

I drove the ranger, Kubota and Mule and we landed on the mule.

I did look at the Can-am, but initial cost and reliability concerns pushed us in another direction.

The ranger was fast but that’s the only thing it had on the mule pro in my opinion.

Comment

I'm on my first UTV and I got the CanAm Defender Max HD8 and love it. It's quite and smooth and fast. I'm sure the others are just as good but I went CanAm.

Comment

Ford Chevy dodge. Get what the wife wants if it doesn't work out its her fault

Comment

I’d vouch for mule pro. Definitely not as fast “top end” as ranger and can am. But work power it’s comparable. Also you can use as a one seat or two seat so you could have a bigger bed for work. And two seats for play. On our deer lease it’s pretty rugged and all brands are used however everyone loves the mules And most said it will be their next.

Comment

I have owned Polaris, Yamaha, and Kawasaki. Polaris I would never own again. Yamaha is the best I have owned.

Comment

Love our Ranger. Don't put it in high gear unless you will be going over 20 mph consistently, and it will last a long time.

Comment

I went through the same process last year. We ended up with the Mule Pro FXT. It
                      Served our needs best. Love it so far.

Comment

I drove the 3 you mentioned. Sold my ranger crew and got the CanAm Defender HD10 MAX. Quiet, strong, and had been reliable. 2 other guys on the lease have one and they have been great machines.

Comment

A friend of mine has a Mule Pro FXT and I used it a few times. I really liked it so I bought a FX. It’s quiet and has a 3 year warranty. I wanted to drive a Can Am but the closet dealer was 60 miles away. Didn’t really consider the Ranger due to noise and other issues.

Comment

Do you have the Yamaha Viking now?

Comment

Mule pro is really nice but has nearly zero bed space in crew cab mode. Ranger is pretty proven, I like ours because it holds a lot of junk under the seats and in the bed. I can also get across the ranch in less than 5 min with it.

The can AMA would be something to look at for sure. No experience with them but when the time comes I’ll the driving one to check it out

Comment

Working...
                              X