No announcement yet.

My Child Support ends today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No ex wife with child support. But plenty of ex’es cost me plenty of money over the years.

Just a bit of a side note to the OP. Child is 18, no more ex wife RANSOM payments anymore. Congrats. But now the real cost comes. College ? Cars ? Bows ? Guns ? Hunting and fishing trips ? And ofcourse, “dad, my friend is coming and their parents are broke”.

From a 60 year old man with no kids ? God’s blessed you with that child, now the child is of age, now you’re not being help ransom by the state, get out there and do some life memory things TOGETHER. Make em day I got the BEST old man in the world.

There’s no price for that ! Get em a carbon Hoyt too !!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Congrats! 3.5 years to go for me. I don't pay through the AG, just transfer the cash through money transfer to her bank each month. We created a savings account for our daughter and a part of my CS is deposited into that account, so at least my daughter will have something to start with when she's 18.

Hopefully I will be able to finally buy my boat when I'm done with CS.
      Extremely dangerous financially to do this! Hope it ends well for you. Don't ever **** her off or your done.

Comment

8 years left. Congrats man!

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
          I have 44k for the next 2 years for 1 child.....your hosed in Texas as a dad.

Not always true. My wifes ex only paid $4488 a year for 17 years. She tried to get more early on but he would never show any proof of employment. Our daugher (I raised her) turned 18 a couple of years ago and after all the threats he made about not paying CS and all the late and missed payments, his mother finally fessed up that she was paying it the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            After 18 years my ex will have to find a way to pay for her own horse feed and beer. I never had a problem one supporting my son, but the days of undermining and relationship sabotage are over. (well, probably not over just not funded be me) For all you younger guys out there just staring out, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Now to go shopping for that boat.

I have a year left

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 325to1195 View Post
              1.5 years to go for me. The dummy told my son that when he graduates, she and her mother are moving to Alaska, and she'll start giving him the child support money every month, "to help him get by".
              The look on his face was classic when I told him her gravy train derails two months before he graduates. She had told him that I had to pay until he's 21. He's just now realizing what a pathological liar she is.
              Better check on that, it's normally 18 or until they graduate, whichever is the latter. If yours is only till 18 great deal !

Comment

I guarantee I've got a future of "well, call your dad he doesn't pay child support anymore, make him pay for it"

Comment

Better check to make sure AG doesn't come after you one day. I had a buddy that did that for 12 years and his Ex got mad at him and turned him in. AG said all that money was considered a gift and he owed a huge amount in back CS. He almost committed suicide over it.
                  How can it come back to bite if the money is still there in the saving account and she agreed to it? If she reverses her choice wouldnt the money going into the savings account bring her back up on payments?

Comment

How do you stop it? I hope it doesn’t involve a lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                      I dont recieve it or pay it, but your ex sounds like a decent person. Way too many abuse it driving fancy cars, nice dinners, etc... and leave nothing for the kid. My dad left my mom, but he paid more than he had to, and my mom didnt blow it. Both good people, just one made a bad decision....him...then another really bad one being a second marriage. That decision is still a bad one in my opinion. I hope to never divorce, but if i do, it will be a girlfriend the rest is the way, or maybe a few.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                      Yep. I feel for those paying, it is a seriously screwed up system. I have primary custody of my oldest 2 ( actually one is 18 now ). Had them for the last 14yrs and never asked or received a penny of child support. In my opinion each parent should take care of the kid 100% and the ex should get 0%. So when we divorced I took care of em 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                        How can it come back to bite if the money is still there in the saving account and she agreed to it? If she reverses her choice wouldnt the money going into the savings account bring her back up on payments?
                        AG will ask her to give you credit for all those payments. If she says "what payment" you are screwed. My buddy showed canceled checks for every payment and AG said tuff ****.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy2 View Post
                          How do you stop it? I hope it doesn’t involve a lawyer

It doesn't, we did ourselves for $80

Comment

You fellas paying 30 K a year must make too much money LOL take a lower paying job and you will Not have to pay as much, the American way LOL

Comment

I made my last CS payment 13 yrs ago today.
                              Back then, I started checking with my employer's payroll department and the AG's office 2 months in advance, just to make sure they knew it was coming to an end, and to see if there was anything that I needed to do. Both said "No", and it ended when it was supposed to.
                              That being said, I kept helping both of my kids financially, until they graduated from college. But then, I knew exactly how my money was being spent, and by whom.

Comment

AG will ask her to give you credit for all those payments. If she says "what payment" you are screwed. My buddy showed canceled checks for every payment and AG said tuff ****.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                                Worried for my friend. He been paying her with check for years. AG just said he has back CS. Looks like he might be screwed.

Comment

Working...
                                X