No announcement yet.

Destin Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fished the surf early this morning for about an hour with a topwater and didn't get any bites. Had active bait in the area and saw three redfish cruising the beach lip, but no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
      How much are the tours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      I think they were about $80 a person. They have several options to choose from and I think they start around $50. It was the highlight of our trip. My kids really loves it seeing the dolphins and sharks.

Comment

Family is in Destin right now and said the crowd/traffic is nuts. Think we are going to schedule Navarre Beach next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
          Family is in Destin right now and said the crowd/traffic is nuts. Think we are going to schedule Navarre Beach next summer.

It’s not bad if if you get out early, city sleeps in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We'll be in Santa Rosa the week of the 17th. I might try the early beach fishing. We have an offshore trip on the Seahorse booked.Can't wait!

Comment

We have been here in Seagrove since last Saturday. We rent a bungalow with a pool. We’ve spent 2 days on the beach, usually go bike riding in the mornings, ate at The Great Southern restaurant one night which was a 2 hour wait...plenty of shops to waste time in though. We went offshore with Olin Marler on the Tropical Winds boat with Capt Steve On Tuesday. Overall the trip wasn’t anything spectacular but some of it was due to the dolphins eating most of the fish while we were reeling them up. We only had a few snapper and they were small and some Mangrove Snapper. Boat held 15 people and was around $175 per person. We went to Destin yesterday because the rain set in but so did all the other vacationers so it was packed. Did a little shopping and went to Bass Pro and ate at The world of Beer. We usually go to the Big Kahuna water park in Destin but the weather didn’t allow this trip. My brother in law and I did some snorkeling off the regular beach and it was a lot of fun if you’re a good swimmer. Lots of sand dollars and star fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
                We have been here in Seagrove since last Saturday. We rent a bungalow with a pool. We’ve spent 2 days on the beach, usually go bike riding in the mornings, ate at The Great Southern restaurant one night which was a 2 hour wait...plenty of shops to waste time in though. We went offshore with Olin Marler on the Tropical Winds boat with Capt Steve On Tuesday. Overall the trip wasn’t anything spectacular but some of it was due to the dolphins eating most of the fish while we were reeling them up. We only had a few snapper and they were small and some Mangrove Snapper. Boat held 15 people and was around $175 per person. We went to Destin yesterday because the rain set in but so did all the other vacationers so it was packed. Did a little shopping and went to Bass Pro and ate at The world of Beer. We usually go to the Big Kahuna water park in Destin but the weather didn’t allow this trip. My brother in law and I did some snorkeling off the regular beach and it was a lot of fun if you’re a good swimmer. Lots of sand dollars and star fish!
                Sounds like a good trip. What does that bungalow run for the stay? We might be looking into something like that for next year or later this year

Comment

Be ready to sit in traffic and wait hour or more for table. I love Destin but won’t go back

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                    Be ready to sit in traffic and wait hour or more for table. I love Destin but won’t go back
                    It's all about when you decide to go out. We ate out five days this week and never waited more than five minutes. With that being said, we would get to the restaurant between 4:30 & 5:00. Same thing with the pontoon rental. The difference in the amount of people between 9:30 in the morning and 1:00 in the afternoon was night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
                      Sounds like a good trip. What does that bungalow run for the stay? We might be looking into something like that for next year or later this year

Around $1800 for Saturday to Saturday.

We went to Stinkys Fish Camp on 30a yesterday. Food was extremely good!
                      Last edited by Grizzly1; 06-08-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
                        We'll be in Santa Rosa the week of the 17th. I might try the early beach fishing. We have an offshore trip on the Seahorse booked.Can't wait!
                        We went to Santa rosa last year. Stayed right by oyster lake on the beach. If you walk the beach early and look for baitfish and throw spoons you'll get into lady fish and blues, sometimes Jack's and smacks, but none for us.

When we were there sharks I guess had just had their babies. Cast netted mullet in the surf and caught hundreds of baby sharks on them.

We caught one pompano first day, none after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

We will be in Panama City beach from the 11th to the 17th. Great info. Thx

Comment

Finally made it down here yesterday and got settled in. Staying at Santa Rosa RV park, if you bring a camper down here I highly recommend it. Very nice people, very well taken care of park, and very quiet and family friendly. Right across the bay is Navarre Beach which is very nice and not very crowded. Went fishing in the bay that the rv park sits on but didnt catch anything. Another guy fishing not far from us caught a few reds. Tomorrow we'll do the helicopter tours in Destin and spend all day over there

Comment

Go check that pier out in Navarre. There were people catching kingfish off of it when I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                Go check that pier out in Navarre. There were people catching kingfish off of it when I was there.
                                The one on the gulf side?

Comment

Working...
                                X