No announcement yet.

The Shape Flexer....sun hat for all us bucketheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I joined the Smart Kool Kids club. I like it so far. Will test it shredding this weekend. Thx, Smart!
    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
      I joined the Smart Kool Kids club. I like it so far. Will test it shredding this weekend. Thx, Smart!

Daaaang....now they are famous..

looking good..

Comment

They sure work well on a ZTR mower!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Mine is still mia[emoji848]
          Good thing I paid extra for quicker shipping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          You aren't missing anything that your Bucees hat can't do

Comment

While mowing, mine kept flipping up like the prospector in his video. So, I gave mine a cowboy hat bend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shapeshifter1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	24583788

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              You aren't missing anything that your Bucees hat can't do

Wearing that one now headed to my Splendora lease to pull my stuff.

I sent the original Shapeflexer back, told them it was too heavy.
              The offered me a “lite” version (which I’m gonna try) with the following description-

The “Shape Flexer Lite” will not utilize the plastic covered stranded copper (which is the reason for the extra weight of the Shape Flexer). But rather, it has a foam coated bailing wire in the brim.

1. This change makes the hat weigh roughly 60% of the original Shape Flexer’s weight.

2. The brim will still be shape-able and bendable.

3. The hat will still be waterproof and machine washable.

4. The ONLY drawbacks are

a) that the brim cable will not have a 10 year guarantee not to break (as with the original Shape Flexer). We don't recommend folding the hat in half twice super often to pack it away on a regular basis as the original Shape Flexer was designed for (though it's okay to do it occasionally If folded in half on a regular basis in the same place, the constant stress will break this lighter cable.

b) the hat will not be QUITE as wind resistant (though still good in a headwind up to 45 mph, as opposed to the 65 mph of the original Shape Flexer)

5. However, if you only manipulate the brim to shape in different ways, the wire will still last for several years.

6. If the wire DOES break at some point, it will be easily replaceable! The “Shape Flexer Lite” will have the zipper slider left on the edge of the brim, so the broken wire can be removed and replaced (if necessary).

It doesn’t sound like something they normally make, I’ll give it a whirl.

Comment

The offered me a “lite” version (which I’m gonna try) with the following description-

The “Shape Flexer Lite” will not utilize the plastic covered stranded copper (which is the reason for the extra weight of the Shape Flexer). But rather, it has a foam coated bailing wire in the brim.

1. This change makes the hat weigh roughly 60% of the original Shape Flexer’s weight.

a) that the brim cable will not have a 10 year guarantee not to break (as with the original Shape Flexer). We don't recommend folding the hat in half twice super often to pack it away on a regular basis as the original Shape Flexer was designed for (though it's okay to do it occasionally If folded in half on a regular basis in the same place, the constant stress will break this lighter cable.

b) the hat will not be QUITE as wind resistant (though still good in a headwind up to 45 mph, as opposed to the 65 mph of the original Shape Flexer)

5. However, if you only manipulate the brim to shape in different ways, the wire will still last for several years.

6. If the wire DOES break at some point, it will be easily replaceable! The “Shape Flexer Lite” will have the zipper slider left on the edge of the brim, so the broken wire can be removed and replaced (if necessary).

Wish I had known about that one. The one I had felt like a hubcap on the noggin'.

Comment

The Shape Flexer....sun hat for all us bucketheads

Too heavy? Are you and bayouboy a buncha **** nancies?[emoji23][emoji23]. Wait I know the answer for bayouboy[emoji2957]

My wife loves hers too and has not said anything about being too heavy [emoji3166][emoji23][emoji23]
                  Last edited by Smart; 06-27-2019, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Probably because we are used to quality not quantity

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Probably because we are used to quality not quantity

That's one thing you can't say about this hat is that it lacks quality....

Comment

Nope. They are well built.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Too heavy? Are you and bayouboy a buncha **** nancies?[emoji23][emoji23]. Wait I know the answer for bayouboy[emoji2957]

My wife loves hers too and has not said anything about being too heavy [emoji3166][emoji23][emoji23]

To be truthful the large was sitting on my ears so I’m swapping it out for the lite model in a medium.

The weight just seemed a bit much after getting used to my lighter Bucees special.

Comment

Well im 2 days in now with my new hat. Its a well made hat but dang its heavy. I might have to trade this in for the lite model. Also whats the deal with the zipper around the brim?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_H-F View Post
                              Well im 2 days in now with my new hat. Its a well made hat but dang its heavy. I might have to trade this in for the lite model. Also whats the deal with the zipper around the brim?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Heavy?[emoji23][emoji23]. Man some of y’all must be pencil necks[emoji23]

The zipper around the brim gives you access to the wire that shapes the brim if needed. I think it’s more for the company and any warranty issues if there was a problem

Comment

There are men's hat companies out there too, yall!

palm leaf hats for sale, cowboy hats for sale, western hats for sale, hats wholesale, fishing hats, gardening hats, golf hats, sun hats, straw hats, old west hats, hatbands, hat bands

Comment

Working...
                                X