No announcement yet.

Art Briles to Mt. Vernon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Art Briles, along with his administration knew about his players sexually assaulting students, did nothing, tried to cover it up, all so Baylor could win the Big 12? Now he's going to be head coach for high school kids??

I wonder how the women that were sexually assaulted by his players feel about this?

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
      Well I’m not casting the stones but yes, I know him.
      Same for me, we’re not friends but I know him. The man did wrong, exactly what I don’t know but I do know how many times in my life that I have made poor choices and had my priorities completely out of kilter.

Dog pilers on this site are comical, wish I was as sure of something as some of these fellas are of everything

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
        Same for me, we’re not friends but I know him. The man did wrong, exactly what I don’t know but I do know how many times in my life that I have made poor choices and had my priorities completely out of kilter.

Dog pilers on this site are comical, wish I was as sure of something as some of these fellas are of everything
        So you'd want him mentoring your kids?

Comment

My nephew worked with the football team, Briles was not innocent. That man should not be mentoring young men.

Comment

Originally posted by FowlTrouble View Post
            If youve made up your mind on what a horrible person AB is then nothing anyone says will change that.
            Art Briles made our minds up in how he handled the situation; how his actions during and after the rapes and how he still hasn’t explained exactly what happened. It makes me sick to listen to Mt Vernon ad min and Art explain how it all about building young people and you see how epic he failed on this at Baylor!

Wow have we got this low for high school football in Texas!

Comment

Man, I’m sure most have done wrong, I’ve stole some stuff as a kid, lied, and cheated. But Rape, come on. Covering up multiple rapes and gang rapes! That’s not poor choices, that’s a bad person! All at the expense of what, college football and money. This man didn’t just make a few poor choices. This wasn’t paying a player or two or cheating on test or so. That situation was disgusting and I can for sure say I would never do some of things that staff and he was found to be doing. You say you don’t know exactly what he did, try a simple google search and take 20% of what he is accused of doing and then still say he is a good man. That’s warped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please show me where AB admitted his wrong doing and apologized while owning 100%. When he died I can forgive him for his wrongdoings but that does not mean he needs to be teaching high school kids. Just because you correct a wrong doesn't mean you get to go back to what you were doing.

I have a close friend who coached at Baylor and left before the issues became public. He left Baylor when they were on top for a smaller coaching position at a much smaller school. That should tell you everything. He still feels awful today for what some of his counterparts allowed to go on. He still feels responsible. He says less than half of what went on made it to the news. He will also tell you EVERYONE was involved or complacent.

The school, coaches, police and town were all guilty. It's really sad to see fans so eat up with being fanatics that they can't see the bad that really happened. Unfortunately it's not any different than our politics.

Comment

Making poor choices is a long **** ways from covering up the systematic and repeated rape of young ladies. As far as I’m concerned, that ******* gave those monsters permission and every one of the cowards should hang for it. And after all of it, he took the money rather than even offer so much as his side....because he’s a miserable pos.

If youve made up your mind on what a horrible person AB is then nothing anyone says will change that.

Copout. No one can make a legitimate case for him because he’s GUILTY. He won’t even make a case for himself for God’s sake!

Comment

Rape no rape, why is it the coach who has to report all this. Granted he should have. My point is if girl is raped, go to police. Police file charges, player is removed or arrested. Goes to court found guilty or innocent. It should not flow through the school if it has not even gone through the police. Not saying he is innocent or guilty but there is a process to follow when rapped. Kinda like the ladies or men coming out 30 years later saying they were raped or touched etc. Just go to police when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                      Please show me where AB admitted his wrong doing and apologized while owning 100%. When he died I can forgive him for his wrongdoings but that does not mean he needs to be teaching high school kids. Just because you correct a wrong doesn't mean you get to go back to what you were doing.

I have a close friend who coached at Baylor and left before the issues became public. He left Baylor when they were on top for a smaller coaching position at a much smaller school. That should tell you everything. He still feels awful today for what some of his counterparts allowed to go on. He still feels responsible. He says less than half of what went on made it to the news. He will also tell you EVERYONE was involved or complacent.

The school, coaches, police and town were all guilty. It's really sad to see fans so eat up with being fanatics that they can't see the bad that really happened. Unfortunately it's not any different than our politics.
                      Art Briles has apologized and admitted her screwed the pooch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Making poor choices is a long **** ways from covering up the systematic and repeated rape of young ladies. As far as I’m concerned, that ******* gave those monsters permission and every one of the cowards should hang for it. And after all of it, he took the money rather than even offer so much as his side....because he’s a miserable pos.

Copout. No one can make a legitimate case for him because he’s GUILTY. He won’t even make a case for himself for God’s sake!

Not a copout but why would I waste hours finding, copy/paste things when it will not change how you and others feel.

I havent seen one person on this thread that says he is innocent. My point was that it was all piled on him and he was made the public goat. There was alot more to this whole ordeal than 99.9% of the people on this thread have knowledge of. Read a few articles and made up their mind.
                        Noone will ever know the true scope of this sad situation.

Comment

I don’t need to know the full scope of the situation to know he could have stopped it, and he made the choice many times not to.

Comment

Not a copout but why would I waste hours finding, copy/paste things when it will not change how you and others feel.

I havent seen one person on this thread that says he is innocent. My point was that it was all piled on him and he was made the public goat. There was alot more to this whole ordeal than 99.9% of the people on this thread have knowledge of. Read a few articles and made up their mind.
                            The true scope? What scope does one need to look thru to make rape and sexual assault of young women look different from what it is? I don’t know the man, but you would have to be pretty naive to look at that situation and come to the conclusion that he was made a scapegoat. Heck, just read some of the text messages he sent, that in itself is ****ing. And as discussed above, he decided his best move was to take the money and get quite.

Comment

You'll never convince those that believe the headlines. People that were close and know what actually happened know. And those that watch espn think they know. No point wasting time arguing.

In glad he got another chance. Didnt think it would take so long. He's a good guy and a great coach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                                Rape no rape, why is it the coach who has to report all this. Granted he should have. My point is if girl is raped, go to police. Police file charges, player is removed or arrested. Goes to court found guilty or innocent. It should not flow through the school if it has not even gone through the police. Not saying he is innocent or guilty but there is a process to follow when rapped. Kinda like the ladies or men coming out 30 years later saying they were raped or touched etc. Just go to police when it happens.
                                Most if not all reported to either campus police or Waco PD. Those two entities would "investigate" the report. Briles was made aware of every situation and did zero to hold the young men accountable.

This whole situation was finally broke when a reporter was in the courthouse and overheard a persons name on trial the they recognized as a Baylor football player. This player was in the late stages of trial and still practicing with the team. Briles and other coaches were aware of the situation and thought it would be better to keep him on the team instead sending him packing. Keep in mind this same player was dismissed from Boise St for sexually assaulting a girl up there. Boise St coaches called Briles to make sure he knew why the player was kicked off the team.

So to answer your question or statement. No it's not Briles job to be the judge or jury. It was his job to make sure players under his control stayed out of trouble and were appropriately dealt with when they weren't. Briles chose to aid and abet because football was more important.

Keep in mind we aren't talking a few incidents. Over 52 rape incidents over 4 years, and ZERO players kicked off of team. I'd say Briles doesn't need to coach kids again.

Comment

Working...
                                X